Chapter 3 - First day

"We've come too far

To give up who we are

So let's raise the bar

And our cups to the stars!~"

Hoku gave a soft sigh, forced to pause his music in favor of opening the colossal door in front of him. His anxiety returned in full force as the door scraped against the floor, making him wince and look at who was present. A boy with hair that was half red and half white and another teenage boy who had a literal explosion of ash-blonde hair. Hoku flinched when the two looked at him, scurrying to his seat after glancing at the seating chart for all of five seconds. The brunette forced himself to stay calm when he noticed that his seat was diagonally behind the present half and half boy, sitting down and plugging back in his music.

"We're up all night to the sun

We're up all night to get some

We're up all night for good fun

We're up all night to get lucky!~"

The shy brunette jumped when someone suddenly paused his music, making him open his eyes to witness a blinding grin from a familiar redhead. "Hey Kosiru! Glad you could make it too!" Hoku nodded shyly, Kirishima taking the lack of verbal response like a champ. "I wanted to introduce you to a couple more of our classmates!" The boy noticed the other two for the first time, waving timidly at the tall ravenette and kinda short lemon blonde who both waved enthusiastically back. "The tall guy's Sero, the other one's Kaminari. Guys, this is Kosiru. He saved me during the entrance exam!"

Hoku blushed at the sudden mention, looking away and tapping his index fingers against each other in a nervous habit. "I-It wasn't m-much..."

"Take some credit, man!" Kirishima insisted, punching the shy boy in the shoulder jokingly. "You trashed that zero pointer after all!"

"Woah, seriously?" Kaminari gave the timid and anxious boy a bug-eyed stare.

"Cool! What's your quirk?" Sero asked curiously, putting more pressure on the already clammed up boy.

Hoku managed to start to stutter something out, "I-It's h-h-hard to e-explain... Y-You s-see--"

Before Hoku could finish off his choppy sentence, something pink interrupted him. "Kosiru-kun!" Hoku let out a squeak, an alien girl currently squeezing him to death and lifting him out of his chair. "How've you been doing?"

"I-I-I--" The brunette struggled to stutter something out, not quite used to physical contact from the girl.

Kirishima managed to get a word in all of the chaos, "Mina, stop torturing Kosiru. He's kinda bad with physical contact, remember?"

The boy knew that himself, but broadcasting it? What type of idiotic rockhead is Kirishima? Oh, wait, an idiotic rockhead. Mina pouted but nodded and put the poor boy down, "Right, sorry Kosiru."

Hoku seemed to hunch over, making him smaller than his 140 centimeters already made him. "I-It's f-f-f-fine..." The green-eyed teen mumbled quietly.

"Who's this? Kosiru's girlfriend?" Kaminari teased, making Hoku blush red at the very idea.

Mina laughed at the other's tease before explaining her behavior, "Nah, just a friend. Name's Ashido Mina, though I prefer Mina."

The three quickly introduced themselves to each other before they were suddenly interrupted by a deadpanned, "Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends."

Hoku jumped, looking at the doorway with his sight partially blocked by Kirishima. All he could see was a yellow mummy sleeping bag before they started talking again. "This is the hero course," The man stood up and stepped out of his sleeping bag, revealing a man with a mess of black hair, eye bags, and a bit of stubble. The brunette glanced at the side of his bag, remembering the Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew he didn't touch. Maybe he would want it? "Okay, it took eight seconds before you were quiet. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough. I'm your homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota. Nice to meet you. It's kinda sudden, but put this on and go out onto the field."