[FIFTEEN]

If someone had told Choi Sooyoung that she would making tea for Jeon Jungkook at almost midnight on the weekend in her house, she would have most definitely laughed in their face and called them certifiably crazy.

And yet there she was, making tea at almost midnight for herself and Jeon Jungkook. In her home.

But she panicked. When she invited him round, she didn't expect him to look so sullen and dejected, and her only reaction was to make tea.

Sat at the small table, she silently poured both cups, watching intently as the steam billowed and swirled softly above the cups, desperately trying to think of a conversation topic before she drove herself insane from the silence.

"So..." Sooyoung cleared her throat, sitting back as she cradled her tea in her hands, "How's your end of this bet going?"

Jungkook looked up at her, his expression mostly blank as he nodded slowly, "I mean... it's going." He muttered, blowing his tea before sighing, "Okay, it's really not going that well."

"Oh?"

He sat back, crossing his legs before running a hand through his hair, "She's... I don't know how to word it without sounding like an asshole, but she's... too much."

Sooyoung swallowed the urge to smirk and instead feigned understanding as she nodded her head, "I see..."

"What about you?" Jungkook suddenly asked, dark eyes finally looking up at her with an emotion other than sadness.

She smiled softly, her cheeks warming as she thought about Yoongi and all the progress she had made with him, "It's actually going really well, we talk nearly every day and it's just— ah!" Unable to contain her bubbling emotions she giggles to herself in a very uncharacteristic manner, leaving Jungkook looking rather bewildered.

"That good, huh?" His voice was dry, but she didn't pick up on it.

"Better than good," She nodded animatedly, "I literally want to carry his babies."

"You actually concern me, Choi Sooyoung." Jungkook muttered as he took a cautious sip of his tea. It left a warming wake down his throat to his stomach and he exhaled softly, in content. He'd like to say it was just what he needed, but he knew it would take more than a hot beverage to fix his crumbling home life.

Sooyoung watched him for a moment with a curved brow. His expression was flat, eyes glazed as he lost himself in his thoughts and she sighed tiredly, knowing she couldn't just leave him to deal with whatever was bothering on his own— even if she wanted to. Putting down her drink, she sat up straight, looking directly at him, "Okay Jeon, why are you here?"

He just looked at her for a moment, trying to gather his words, though when he was about to speak, he shook his head. It was stupid. Stupid to relay his issues to anyone aside his closest friends, much less someone who didn't have the highest opinion of him. He let his desperation take control of a situation and now he was choking up at the prospect of letting someone out of his circle see the side of him he wasn't willing to show.

Suddenly standing to his feet, he chuckled awkwardly, "You know what, it's not that important— thanks for the tea, Choi." Just as he was about to walk past her, she grabbed hold of his wrist, halting him.

For fuck's sake...

"There's a reason you came here, and it wasn't for a drink," Her voice was stern and even as she looked directly at him. It was hard to believe that she was fangirling over Min Yoongi not more than ten minutes ago, "What is it?"

"It's fine, honestly—"

"— Something's bothering you enough to reach out to me at this time, so just tell me," She released her grip on his wrist, standing back, "I know I run my mouth a lot, but whatever you say, I'll stay between us and I won't judge you," jutting out her pinkie, she grinned, "I promise."

He frowned at the gesture, debating her offer before smiling himself, linking his pinkie with hers, "But only because I really like the tea." He added with a ghost of a smirk, causing her to scoff.

"Sure, sure."

Where was he supposed to start? The fact that his parents weren't comfortable with financially supporting him so he had to move in with his sister? No. He wasn't looking for a sympathy vote, especially from Sooyoung.

"Home life has been... hard," He struggles out, staring at the half-full cup in front of him, "My sister and her boyfriend have been arguing a lot, mainly over the fact that she keeps gambling away their bill money— saying it out loud makes it sound stupid because everyone has issues that they're dealing with and I know that bu—"

"You don't need to make justifications, Jungkook," Sooyoung interrupted, her voice softer than before, "That sounds pretty rough, how long has it been like this for?"

"The arguing? About three months, but the gambling has been a thing for about two years now." Jungkook replied with less hesitation. Maybe it was because she was actually willing to listen to him paired with the fact he was at breaking point, but he found it so easy talking to her, "It started off small, like a few thousand won here and there, but then it got bigger and bigger until..." He rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh, "Until tonight. She gambled half the rent money; money they didn't have so I gave them my savings."

Sooyoung's eyes widened a fraction. She didn't know a lot about Jungkook to begin with, but to hear this? She felt the need to just cuddle him in an attempt to let him know it gets better, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Instead, she awkwardly patted his shoulder, crouching down beside him, "You can stay here tonight, it'll give you some space from what's stressing you out."

He looked up at her, mouth slightly ajar, "You don't have to do that."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, "I know I don't, but I want to." She paused for a moment before continuing, "You will have to sleep in my room though because I don't know what time my mom finishes work and I don't want to freak her out with a guy in the living room."

Her tone left no room for arguing and Jungkook nodded his head, grateful that she was even letting him stay in the first place, especially when she owed him no favors.

Following her up the stairs, he took note of the pictured frames that were trailed upwards, depicting a smiling family. It was refreshing to see an expression on Sooyoung's face that wasn't a scowl and he smiled slightly,

They reached a small room on the far right and Sooyoung opened the door to reveal a simplistic designed room with very little color and a lot of cacti— though he wasn't sure what to expect from her.

"I'm going to get changed, but you can just get in bed if you want." She uttered with a sense of nonchalance as she was about to walk to the bathroom.

"Wait!" Jungkook called out, suddenly very confused.

"Shh, my little brother is asleep!" She hissed in response, "What is it?"

"Where are you sleeping?" He asked.

"... In my bed?"

"With me?" Jungkook's voice came out slow and unsure as he frowned at her.

A look of amusement crossed Sooyoung's face as she quirked an eyebrow, "Wow, anyone would have thought you were the virgin right now..." She snickered, "Relax, we both know if you were to try anything, I'd boot you right in the balls."

Jungkook wanted to come back with something witty, but he was too tired to care. Instead he flipped her the bird before kicking off his shoes. He didn't care that it was Sooyoung's bed, or that he was potentially sharing it with her for the night.

He just wanted to sleep.