Doubts, Comfort, and Validation

Alfred woke up the next morning, that feeling from the night before had long since gone, leaving him empty on the inside. Slowly, dread hit him, causing panic for the meeting today. Thoughts rushed through Alfred's mind, "Maybe he doesn't care for me?"

He hopped out of bed, pacing around the room, "I think that I like him, but what is he doesn't feel the same way?"

Alfred quickly shoved those thoughts far from his mind, swiftly turning to his wardrobe, choosing some nice clean clothes for the day. He felt as if he needed to dress much nicer than usual. Alfred felt as if he needed to impress everyone, especially Ludwig, he didn't quite know why though.

The sky was covered in a thick sheet of grey clouds, making everything around Alfred look boring and dreary. Luckily, this meeting was only a few blocks away so walking seemed like the best option. Plus, Alfred didn't want to have to deal with getting gas for his car when it decides to rain later in the day.

----

The meeting started at seven and Alfred was quite early this time around, arriving at around 6:40, allowing him to get situated as he watched all of the others trickle into the meeting hall.

Alfred could feel his anxiety spike, and his heart thumped as more nations arrived. At this point, he was just waiting for all of the insults and taunts to come hurling at him...but nothing happened.

Alfred looked up from where he was sitting, confused about the strange silence within the room, just to see everyone staring at Ludwig, who was way more irritated normal. His hair was a mess and he looked as if he had gotten no sleep at all. Instead of his usual contacts, they were replaced with a pair of dark grey glasses.

Ludwig shifted his gaze towards Alfred, giving him a soft smile. Alfred beamed at him, causing the other to look flustered, "Dear Lord, does he always have to smile like that?" Ludwig continued to speculate, his eyes darting around the room to make sure that no one noticed his noticeable change of mood. Of course, everyone noticed. More words passed within his subconscious, giving Ludwig even more of a reason to fantasize about how perfect Alfred is, despite his imperfections.

The entire meeting seemed to go on for an eternity, all of the presentations were very slow, despite the time limit for each being around three to four minutes. However, during this, two nations were distracted the whole time, giving each other glances and silently communicating through facial expressions. Ludwig and Alfred were those two distracted dorks, not bothering to pay attention to what was going on throughout the meeting.

Oh, how Alfred couldn't wait for the break. All he wanted to do was be in Ludwig's comforting arms again. Only a few more minutes, just a few more...And done! He mentally cheered to himself, getting excited to be around his all-time favorite person.

Alfred got up quickly and jogged toward Ludwig as he exited the room into the hallway. Without thinking, Alfred grabbed his hand.

And then he realized.

Ludwig just paused for a second, smirking as Alfred mentally panicked and blushed.

Ludwig stammered, "I think that we should probably go to a different room...just maybe." He then continued to lightly drag Alfred along with him into one of the cozy offices just down the hall.

"I need to talk to you about something..." Ludwig said nervously, his voice shaky, as the door clicked behind the two nations.

"What do you need to tell me?" Alfred was confused. He couldn't quite understand what was going on, did he do something wrong?

"I don't want you to hate me for saying this..." Ludwig ran his hands through his hair, "I don't even know how to say this either...dear Lord, this is embarrassing."