Useless Meetings, Gossip, and Texts

Everyone slowly turned towards Matthew, not realizing that he was in the room. Arthur was the first to speak, "well, I guess that having this meeting now will be totally useless and unnecessary for everyone..." He stood up from his seat and brushed off his shirt, "So, there is no reason to have this meeting anymore. I guess that you all are dismissed-" Arthur walked towards the door, speaking to himself, "-now I can finally go home and not have to be around anyone."

Gilbert and Matthew sighed in unison. Soon, they followed suit and left the room. If there is anything that they knew, it's that they shouldn't be the ones to out their brothers; losing the trust of family is the last thing that they wanted.

----------

Alfred was laying in Ludwig's arms when heard quiet chatter from outside the office door. Turning his head, Alfred looked into Ludwig's closed eyes, "Hey...I think that the meeting is over?" Ludwig opened his eyes, glancing over at the clock, "Are you sure? It's not even close to the meeting's end?"

"Maybe the clock is wrong?"

"I don't think so..." Ludwig pulled his phone out, looking at the time, "My phone has the same-shiit"

Alfred cocked his head to the side, "What's wrong?"

"I got multiple texts from my brother, a few phone calls as well." He huffed as Alfred adjusted himself, "That's actually quite unlike him. The only reason why he would do that is if something serious happened." He rubbed his face, "I'm sorry Alfred, I have to go..." Alfred nodded, letting out a small squeak as he slid off Ludwig's lap, "It's alright, I understand. I should probably go back home before Mattie starts to freak out." He leans into Ludwig, giving him a quick peck on the cheek before dashing out of the office and down the road back home.

(A/N)

I apologize for not updating in a while! I have been really busy with school and keeping my own mental health in check. I hope everyone's holiday celebrations have been going well. :) I know that this isn't much, but I think that is just the right amount for a chapter with a nice ending. Have a nice day/night.