Cat Rodeo, Bare Back Riding, Duo

Back 

Bringing the Cat Box in from the car was great fun, more kids were milling around our garden, than were playing in the local park, they had more questions about the car and the box, than I had smart ass answers.

All the attention soon switched to the Roll Royce as we stepped inside the house, but not before Dad had kicked a few asses out of our garden, for stepping on his flowers, he wasn't the kind of guy to be messed with, even their Dads knew better, which was quite funny because he was among the smallest of his peers.

Couldn't believe it, with the box on floor Dad made us stand back while he opened the lid, there was a moment of silence, everyone held their breath, waiting to see what happened next. It seemed like an eternity but wasn't long, the next thing you know the cats out of the box and hurtling around the living room, she's a storm of orange and white, bits of material and fur are raining down. Like some Tasmanian Devil, she's over and under the furniture, up and down the curtains and climbing the walls, clawing her way up via the wallpaper, never seen the like of it before or since.

King in our house was me Old Grandad, who had his Throne, a comfy armchair right next to the open fire, from where he presided over the goings-on. Nobody had a clue what to do, even Dad, then Pops as we called him, stuck out his arm, and pointing at the cat, all calm and collected, simply said stop that, and to everyone's amazement, she did and stood like a statue, looking Pops straight in the eye, he looked straight back and his eye never wavered from hers. With bated breath, we were all waiting for her to attack, Dad grabbed the Coal Shuttle just in case. But to our surprise, her hackles dropped, and she strolled over to Pops as if nothing had happened and jumped upon his lap and from that moment on, they were inseparable.

 But to our surprise, her hackles dropped, and she strolled over to Pops as if nothing had happened and jumped upon his lap and from that moment on, they were inseparable