Part Three: Getting to Know You

Your new job was suiting you rather well. The students seemed to like you, and so did the staff. Your fears melted away as you blossomed into your teaching career.
It seemed almost too easy to achieve your goal, but that was the least of your concerns. You taught advanced Hero History, your favorite subject from hero school.

As you graded papers in the bright, quiet teachers lounge, thoughts raced around in your mind. What if villains attack UA again? What if your co-workers secretly hate you? What if you accidentally hurt someone?!
The thoughts soon quieted as you heard the door slide open.
It was Shota Aizawa. "Hey." You responded, trying to mask your worry. "Hello." He grumbled, walking past you and laying in his yellow sleeping bag.
Now's your chance! Get to know him!
"Bad day?"

No response.
You waited.
He then raised his head and spoke softly.

"If you can call it that." What is that supposed to mean?
"Huh?"
"Just tired, don't worry (Y/N.) How are you?"
You could talk endlessly about your interests, worries, pet peeves, but why scare off a potential acquaintance?
"All good!" You smiled.
"Are you sure?"

"W-what do you mean by that? I'm just grading papers." You spoke, looking down at your stack of student work.
"I can read people like books, (Y/N). I can tell you're worried. Wanna talk about it?"
Why did he, out of all people, want to talk? He needs rest. Try to dismiss him. As much as it pains you, its for his own good.
"N-no, don't worry, Aizawa-san. You should get some rest!"
Then he said something that you'd thought you would never hear from the likes of him.

"As a hero, its my job to make sure people are ok. Even my fellow heroes. I'm all ears, now."
You put your hand to your face.
Why was it...hot? Is my face red?
"Well..."
You were silent for a moment.
"I guess I'm...just worried I'll disappoint everyone. And that's..not what I want.." Wait..were you about to cry? No, you can't do that, especially in front of someone you hardly know! Keep it together.

He piped up. "From what I have seen, you're a diligent worker. Don't work yourself up too much about that one."
Did you see a smile?
"Thanks.." You felt assured as the raven haired man spoke to you. "He's not that cold, (Y/N)" you mumbled to yourself.

"What was that?" He asked. Crap, he heard me! You heard a chuckle come from the tired hero. "Chill. You should see your face." You looked down and quickly started to graded papers. He sighed contently and began to nap.

But then...