chapter 15: Barricade

We started to drive back to base when all of a sudden Optimus turned down a dirt road. I followed him. Where is he going? We kept on driving till we reached a wider trail.
   "See that tree that that's like drooping over the path? First one there gets to choose what to do on the next date, and bragging rights" said Optimus. I smiled. The tree was about 1/4 of a mile away.
    "You're really going to challenge a Lamborghini, you're a freaking semi"
   "3" said Optimus.
  "2" I said.
   "1"
   "Go!" We both shouted. We drove off. I was going super fast. 100 mph.  Optimus was actually ahead of me. 210, 220,230,240,250. Somehow Optimus still won.
   "Guess, you can't beat a prime" I said as I transformed into my bipedal form.
   "Guess not" we walked servo in servo in the woods when I noticed something laying in a field up ahead.
   "BARRICADE!" I screamed. I ran towards him, he was in his holo-form. I went into mine. He had a black and swollen eye, his nose looked clearly broken and he was holding his arm. "Oh my god. Barricade, what happened? Are you ok? Who did this?"
   "Starscream" he said softly and coughed.
   "Just another reason for that bastard to die" I replied coldly.
   "Y/n, help" he whispered.
   "Y/n, its probably a trap, back up" said Optimus as he grabbed my shoulder in his holo-form.
   "No Optimus, I believe him. He saved my life." I transformed into my alt-mode. I stepped out. "Optimus, help me put him in me" he sighed.
   "Y/n, really, I don't thin-"
   "Optimus, I'm helping him rather you approve or not." He sighed and lifted Barricade up. He put him in my passenger seat. "Thank you."
    "See you at the base. Be careful. I'll be right behind you." He then kissed me on my cheek and dissolved. I got in.
    "Why did he do this?" I asked as I drove off.
    "Because I let you go."
    "Oh my god, 'Cade, I'm so sorry. This is my fault"
    "No, no it's not. You deserve to live your life." We sat in silence the rest of the way. We finally got back to base. I got out and ran over to my passenger side. I opened my door and put my arm around him to help him out. I helped him walk to the med-bay. I opened the door.
   "RATCHET, HELP!" Ratchet turned around.
    "IS THAT A DECEPTICON!?"
    "Yes, but he saved my life"
    "Just because he-"
     "Ratchet" said Optimus.
     "Oh, fine, then you're staying in here with me."
   "Deal." I set him on the bed.
   "Please get better." I said. He chuckled.
   "I'll try." Optimus transformed into his alt-mode and his holo-form stepped out.
    "Goodnight Optimus." I said.
    "Goodnight Y/n" he then kissed me, I smiled and kissed him back. Sparks flew. I will never get use to that. I then pulled away and hugged him. I then took a shower and put on pajamas so I could train with the primes.