Flaming Furball

"Magic blooms only in rare souls," Grindelwald began, turning to face the crowd that had gathered on the steps of the auditorium. "Still we must skulk in the shadows. But the old ways serve us no longer."

The audience watched with rapt attention, seemingly transfixed by his words. Then, before their very eyes, Grindelwald raised his wand, waving it like a conductor's baton. His graceful movements brought forth a sea of bluish flames, encircling the steps and stretching towards the ceiling.

"Those who are faithful, come forward!" he called out, arms spread wide as he addressed his followers. "Let the strength of your conviction be your guiding light." A pause, a fiendish grin stretching the pale features of his face. "Come to me. Let us take our rightful place in the wizarding world."

The flames grew higher, licking at pillars of stone, devouring those who were unfit to stand in his presence. Their screams echoed off the vaulted ceiling, and in the midst of it all Grindelwald came forward, summoning a tremendous creature from the wall of fire.

The flames parted, but instead of the dragon he thought he'd summoned, a kitten with eyes like shining sapphire orbs emerged from the fire. It scampered across the floor, leaving a trail of cerulean embers in its wake.

"Meow." The flaming kitten sat down at his feet, gazing up at him out of its piercing blue eyes. "Meow meow meow."

"What?!" Grindelwald's exclamation echoed off the walls, then silence, followed by laughter as Albus Dumbledore fell to the floor, laughing and rolling down the steps towards his pasty partner.

Albus stopped short of the blazing feline, grinning and wiping tears of mirth from his eyes. Grindelwald and his kitten were staring at him, unable to look away from the young man lying sprawled on his back across the concrete floor.

"I love you, you magnificent flaming pussy."

"No!" Grindelwald roared amid renewed guffaws from the lovestruck professor. "Soft kitty is one thing, but I am not a flaming pussy!"

"Yes, you are," Albus teased lovingly. "And Albie loves his flaming pussy very much."

Grindelwald huffed out an irritated sigh, rolled his mismatched eyes, then turned and walked away. "Get out of my sight, Albus!" he snapped. "I don't have time for your nonsense."