Chapter 25: Fishing Contest

Analiese's POV*

"Morning." Levi said, smiling at me.

"Morning." I said, my eyes still closed. "What time is it?" I asked, rolling over to look at him.

"Uh, 11 am." He told me, looking at his phone.

"We should leave soon to meet the others down at the harbor." I told Levi as I started to get out of bed.

"They can wait." Levi said, grabbing my arm, pinning me down on the bed as he hovered over me. "Come on, just a few more minutes?" Levi asked me, smirking.

"As much as I would love to, we promised we'd be on time this time." I told Levi as he sighed, rolling off of me as I got out of bed and put on my clothes. I went into my closet, getting dressed in a black tank top and denim ripped jeans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on! Come on, I won't bite!" Captain Shaw exclaimed from the stage as me and Levi walked into the park, meeting up with the others. "Welcome to the Summer Cove Big Catch Competition. Out in them there waters lives the biggest fish that ye ever did see. His name's Bruiser, and he's a crafty one. Use whatever clever lures or secret tricks you want...and if any of you mateys catches him...you'll win this trophy!" Shaw exclaimed, holding up a wood and gold trophy. "Off ye go, buccaneers! Get fishing! Best of luck to ya!" Shaw exclaimed as all the groups split off, heading towards the beach.

"Thanks for letting us help you in the fishing competition, dad. Sounds like it's gonna be a blast." Hayley told her dad as we all went onto the sand.

"No problem, honey. Wait till you see what I've got to help us." Mr. Foster said, smiling at his daughter as we approached this...purple thingy sitting on the beach.

"Oh, cool!" Preston exclaimed, running up to it as we all crouched down around it.

"What is it?" I asked Mr. Foster.

"This is my Diver-Drone. Programmed it to find anything unusual. Like a huge fish." Mr. Foster explained to us.

"Woah. What's that?" Brody asked, motioning to the yellow thing on the front of it.

"It's my custom net cannon, so I can catch fish without hurting them." Mr. Foster told him as we all listened. "This competition is the perfect time to test it." He told us. "Hey, you guys want to put it in the water?" he asked us as Preston and Calvin immediately picked it up, carrying it towards the ocean. The boys placed the drone in the water as Mr. Foster pressed a button on the remote control, turning on the drone as it went deeper into the water.

"Cool." I said, smirking at the water.

"These dots on the radar are small ones. We just got to wait for some big ones." Mr. Foster told us, pointing to three dots on the screen of the controller. While the boys were focused on the drone, me, Sara, and Hayley all backed up, talking.

"Wow, so your dad built that?" Sara asked Hayley, looking at her.

"Yep. He's a marine biologist. He uses drones to study marine life." Hayley told her, nodding.

"That's cool." I told her.

"I think we got something! It's gotta be Bruiser!" I heard Mr. Foster exclaim as the three of us looked at him, walking up to the others. "Time to deploy the net cannon!" he exclaimed, pushing a button as the drone suddenly died as the remote control turned off. "Oh! What happened?" Mr. Foster questioned, looking at his remote.