three

thursday, may 30th, 6:49 pm. SMHS football field.

the 5 boys walk onto the field, bouquets in each hand.

"renjun, you have the P, i have the R, jisung you have the O, chenle you have the M, hyuck get the question mark," jeno quick to get to business.

"is this illegal?" chenle asks already scattering petals down the field.

"definitely," renjun sighs, "the things we do for jeno."

"just work on putting down the flowers. also make them all the same size. that's for you jisung, you're O is small as hell," jeno scolds, "this has to be perfect."

little do they know the captains of the football team we're walking on the field.

"well what do we have here. hey, i think i saw this on youtube it was called 'gay promposal'," the other teammates laugh. "hey losers! we have practice get moving."

"can you please just let us set this up?" jeno begs. no one stops laying down the flowers.

"hey are you the guys from youtube?" another teammate teases stepping on one of the flowers.

"no we're not, move dumbass," chenle scolds trying to salvage the trampled flower.

donghyuck hasn't been paying attention, just focusing on the question mark. trying to make it look perfect. when he looks up his breath hitches.

mark. co captain of the football team. standing behind the rest of his teammates.

they make eye contact and mark clears his voice.

"guys let's just go change," he taps his teammates shoulders and they shrug moving towards the school. "also, jeno, you seem like a nice kid but you should really just buy her chocolate and a stuffed bear. she'll like that."

"but i-" jeno starts, but doesn't finish.

"if she really likes you, she'll like you for you," mark says and donghyuck smiles. the two really were similar.

jeno, chenle, jisung, and renjun all stand up and start walking away. chenle makes a comment saying we should've just done this in the first place. jisung shoves him.

on the field leaves mark and donghyuck. donghyuck feels like there is no one in the world but them. he hears a ringing in his ear. it's only them.

mark places a hand on donghyuck's shoulder and tells him he misses him. oh and to tell jeno to not be that upset.

donghyuck is so close to kissing him.

before he can mark's running off to the changing room and donghyuck is turning back to his friends.

__________

hoes mad

jaemin: how did everything go?

chenle: football team came and ruined everything!

renjun: they had practice

jaemin: oh that sucks :/
jaemin: so jeno are you still planning on asking her out?

jeno: idk it's kind of fate that things didn't work out

donghyuck: never thought i would see
poetic jeno.

jeno: shut up

renjun: let's all go as friends

jaemin: as friends!!! no gfs haha

jeno: also mark is so nice, the only decent football boy

chenle: if i was a girl i would date mark

jisung: what about me?

chenle: 50/50? depends how you treat me

jisung: i'm great with girls!

chenle: you've had 0 girlfriends

jisung: i'm saving up for someone special

donghyuck: i better be the first to
know ur love jisung

jisung: sure hyuck

__________

RENJUN <3

renjun: hey lol do you and mark know each other?

donghyuck: no he just told me to make sure jeno didn't get too sad

renjun: he's really kind isn't he...
renjun: also doesn't jaemin seem happier?

donghyuck: wym?

renjun: idk. i just think he's happy that jeno's promposal didn't work out. maybe i'm over thinking

donghyuck: i wouldn't know