sixteen

tuesday, august 27, 9:46 am. donghyuck's house.

august flies by in a rush, the next thing donghyuck knows is he's kissing his parents goodbye as he moves into his new dorm room. donghyuck was rooming with his best friend for life, jaemin.

donghyuck had promised to not bother jaemin too much. it seemed like a perfect match for them to be together. best friends for 10 years knowing each other's deepest secrets for six. it all works out in the end.

mark lives in a separate residency across campus. donghyuck just calls when he wants attention. they have each other's phone numbers now (with matching hearts next to their names.)

they all get along very well, even with jisung and chenle who are not always the friendliest to new people. donghyuck thinks they know how much mark means to donghyuck.

donghyuck and mark run into yukhei one day. yukhei all smiles as he pulls donghyuck into a hug.

"who's this?" yukhei looks at mark.

"mark, my boyfriend," donghyuck says, pride dripping from his voice.

"mark, take good care of glitter boy for me ok?" yukhei laughs and goes on with his day.

later in the school year mark finds out that the high school football team is doing awful without him. mark really was the mvp of school.

they can't help but feel happy for the revenge. karma adds up.

all five of them go to each other's dorms, especially donghyuck and jaemin's because it has "this essence, this energy, it's just-" "it smells better than ours."

jisung and chenle facetime all the time begging them to come visit or take them with you. chenle tells donghyuck in private that everyone is happy for him. donghyuck's happy for himself.

finally, mark and donghyuck sit in mark's cramped dorm room. no need to be afraid to be with each other. there's no more fear in donghyuck's body.

"once we graduate, let's get a cat."

"you know, i was always more of a dog person."

"mark lee, i respect your opinion but we're getting a cat."

"anything for you my love."

donghyuck feels as safe as he'll ever be.