five

friday, june 7th, 7:14 pm. mark's house.

knock knock knock.

there's barking from inside and a loud shush. mark opens the door and there the two stand face to face.

"i'm glad you could make it hyuck," mark gestures for donghyuck to come inside, "make yourself at home."

"why did you invite me over?" donghyuck asks. he still feels awkward around mark.

"i get lonely when i'm all by myself, you know that."

donghyuck didn't.

"my family's visiting some relatives right now and i decided to stay here. it's football season and being captain comes with responsibility," mark explains.

"captain of the football team, top of the class, mark lee what can't you do?" donghyuck slumps down onto mark's couch.

"i can't cook."

"understandable."

they sit in silence while watching a movie. mark sits on the love seat while donghyuck takes up the couch. it'll will always be like this. friends watching a movie.

donghyuck plays on his phone texting his friends who are trying to make plans for tomorrow. the boy falls back into his thoughts.

he lets his mind go blank until there's no sound except the fuzzy dialogue of the movie playing. he feels so relaxed yet so nervous. here he is at his friends house, his friend he so desperately wants to call his own, trying his best to push down the feeling. donghyuck steadies his breathing and finds himself alone. all alone in this world. the loneliness eats him up until he feels like he can't breathe. he opens his eyes to look at the boy he can't get off his mind.

"hyuck," mark asks, "do you want to go upstairs?"

"yes."

donghyuck feels his stomach drop with every step he takes. why is he feeling this way. this isn't the right way to feel. he wishes he was daydreaming again.

the way mark treats donghyuck is so kind. why is he so fragile with donghyuck? it feels like mark knows all of donghyuck's secrets even though he hasn't told him a single one.

mark tells him he can sit on the bed, donghyuck complies. mark sits down too.

mark tells him to kiss him, donghyuck complies. mark kisses him too.

it starts off slow. small kisses that grow into longer ones. it feels so foreign but there's something about it that feels perfect.

mark leans so that donghyuck falls backwards on to mark's bed. the older on top of him.

he leans back in and it gets deeper and deeper.

donghyuck can't believe it. his mind rushing with a million thoughts but they all scream "mark!" it's shocking.

and then donghyuck's mind goes blank.

he has no idea how long they went on for or what time it was. but then it clicked.

donghyuck looks up at mark's swollen lips and scrambles to his feet. this isn't right. this makes it too obvious. it feels right though? is it right? donghyuck is so conflicted.

"i think i should go," donghyuck stutters, "thank you for having me it was fun."

"wait donghyuck, don't leave me please," mark pleads.

donghyuck places a kiss onto mark's forehead and leaves.

as donghyuck bikes home he places his hand to his lips, they're still swollen, it's making it too obvious. he's being too obvious.

but donghyuck turns back to look at the blue house with the light coming through the upstairs window. everything is the same in the suburbs.