Chapter 4🥀

🥀Lin's POV🥀 (A/N: Finally am I right!?)

I whimper as I feel my back shoved against the cold metal. "Stop it!" I scream, trying to push the tall male away.

"Let's make a deal, kid. Agree and I won't hurt you."

"Anything. I'll do anything." I scream, covering my face.

"Well, all you have to do is harm—"

"LinSung! Pay attention!" My teacher, Mrs. Edwards, yells, slamming her ruler on the desk beside me. I shriek in fear, causing everyone to snicker. "Coward!" I hear some preps whisper throughout the room.

It's true. If I wasn't a coward, I'd still have a pretty good life.

I nod in understanding, and she walks back to her desk.

I sigh in relief when the bell rings.

-After school-

"I left my phone in my dorm. Shit." My best friend, Luca, says, looking through her purse.

"Ok, I'll wait here, I guess." I say, leaning against the cold locker.

Just like that day.

The day my life changed.

The day I lost trust.

The day I lost my—

"Lin, Lin! I'm back!" She exclaims, clinging unto my arm.

We agreed to meet at my dorm to talk about an assignment we had in Calculus.

"So, why couldn't we go to your dorm?" I ask, taking a deep breath as my hand rests on the door knob.

"Well, because my roommate is the cheer captain, and she's inviting her boyfriend over. I still hear the squeaking bed every night." Luca shivers.

"Maybe they're in the room at night when you're sleeping?"

"Ugh, god." Luca whines, checking her phone. "Oh, Courtney texted me with details about the assignment because we were talking the whole time." (A/N:  this sounds a lot like one of my friends *coughcoughphoenixcoughcough*)

"Right." I say, opening the dorm door. As I walk in, I step on something.

I look down to see a rose.

A dead rose.