CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The three boys stood there in silence, giving the girls enough time to calm themselves. Carina took a deep breath and moved away from her brother turning to look the Gryffindors. Carina's blue eyes that popped out because of the crying met the green ones of Harry Potter who was staring at her as if she was the most fascinating creature he had ever seen.

Carina felt herself cringe "Well that was a cheesy thought."

"... Is no one going to talk about the sword that Potter is carrying?" Draco spoke pointing at Harry and breaking the silence. 

Because of Carina's upset state during the Chamber of Secret's scene, she didn't even notice that Harry pulled out a sword of the Sorting Hat managing to kill the Basilisk. Just what happened to her? How could she lose herself? She was the best duelist, she knew so many spells and hexes and she could do so much more than just stand there and be afraid.

Carina started getting angry with herself. What's the point being the best one out there when in the face of danger you cower yourself away? How could that boy, Harry Potter, a boy who grew up with Muggles and is no better than her, pulled himself over and conquered the danger?

"He truly is Boy Wonder." she thought bemused.

"I'll explain later." Harry replied glancing at Ginny making Draco and Carina understand. They nodded their heads but seems like Ron did not get the memo, so before he outer a word Carina spoke looking at Draco "Where is Lockhart?"

Draco gestured them to follow him, they walked all the way back to the mouth of the pipe. Carina met with the sight of Lockhart humming pleasantly to himself while sitting there.

"His memory's gone."  explained Draco "The Memory Charm backfired. His himself instead of us. Hasn't got a clue who he is, or where he is, or who we are. I told him to come and wait here. He's a danger to himself."

Lockhart peered good-naturally up at them all. "Hello. Odd sort of place, this, isn't it? Do you live here?"

Carina's eyebrows shot up and she glanced at her brother whose face read "Yeah, it's that bad."

"No." Ron replied exchanging a look with Harry.

Harry bent down and looked up the long, dark pipe. "Have you thought how we're going to get back up this?"

Ron shook his head, but Fawkes had swooped past Harry and was now fluttering in front of him.

"He looks like he wants you to grab hold…" said Ron, looking perplexed. "But you're much too heavy for a bird to pull up there –"

"He is a Phoenix, Weasley." interrupted Carina "He is no ordinary bird."

Harry began to talk "We've got to hold on to each other. Ginny, grab Ron's hand. Professor Lockhart –"

"He means you," pointed Ron sharply to Lockhart.

"You hold Ginny's other hand, Malfoy," Harry said looking at Draco "grab Ron other hand then hold your sister's as you" then he turned to Carina "You'll be holding the end of my robes, alright?"

Both Carina and Draco nodded as they did what they were said to. Draco and Ron grimaced at each other before grabbing one another's hand. Harry tucked the sword and the Sorting Hat into his belt. Carina took hold of the back of Harry's robes, and Harry reached out and tool hold of Fawkes's feathers. His feathers glowed the moment Harry touched them.

For some strange reason, she felt lighter and the next second, they were flying upward through the pipe. Lockhart was bellowing, "Amazing! Amazing! This is just like magic!" The air was whipping through Carina's face and within seconds, it was over. All six of them were hitting the wet floor of Myrtle's bathroom, and the sink slide back into place.