CHAPTER SEVENTEEN (BOOK THREE)

Dear Star,

So far the holiday has been a little mundane, nothing exciting happening really. My mother has been forcing me to revise everything before starting fifth year since OWLs are approaching. Really excited. NOT!

I don't know what to do! Everything is a mess! I don't know where to start and what to finish! Potions? Charms? Divination? If I continue like this then I'll fail my OWLs! Then my future will be DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU!

Anyway, I hope your father is not giving you too much hard time, I don't like how vague you and your brother are in your letters and I am waiting when we meet for an explanation. Speaking of which, can you meet me in the Diagon Alley or does your father still keep you and your brother under strict probation?

Also Draco has been complaining lately that you've been hard on him on those lessons. Please don't wear him down.

Your lovable Badger

Carina Malfoy chuckled as she read Cedric's letter, if he was already this nervous for his OWLs before even school has started then she guessed that in the end of the year he will probably be having panic attacks.

Draco and Carina explained to him in the end of the second year that this friendship was not something that their father would approve. Cedric had the so-called-genius idea to use code names so if there was a small chance that their father would inspect their letters, he would not know who he was.

Carina wanted to laugh at the naivety of Draco and Cedric. Lucius Malfoy was much smarter and devious than they thought. However, Carina was even more intelligent and cunning than her father.

Carina grabbed a quill and started writing:
Dear badger,

I think you should know by now that I'll help you with your OWLs, right? Your mother won't be the only one who can help you review your lessons. Do not try to even mention the fact that I'm two years younger than you, we both know that I'm more advanced than most of your year.

As Draco must have mentioned to his letters I've been a little rough on him about his studies but he'll thank me in the end. We both know that he is the biggest drama queen out there.

Also, we can arrange to meet in two days from today if that's alright with you.

Your friend Star

Out of nowhere, her bedroom's door burst opened. She jumped in her sit and turned to meet the grey eyes of her brother who apparently run until he reached her room.

Carina raised her eyebrow as she sat up walking towards him. Draco Malfoy, over the summer, had started to grow into his haughty good looks losing all the baby fat that was before. He still had rather pale complexion but with sharp and pointed features that resembled quite their father. He managed to get taller, cowering slightly when he talked to Carina since she was half a foot shorter. Moreover, she finally managed to persuade him to lose that stupid gelled back hairstyle which suited him so much better.

"What wrong?" she questioned. Carina on the other hand didn't get much taller over these months and her white-blond hair were at shoulder's length that she used a black ribbon in order to keep it from falling over her face. Although, Carina's feature was much softer than the ones of her brother's, she already started to grow into her womanhood in some other areas.

Draco gave her the Daily Prophet showing her the front page. There was a large picture of a man with a sunken face and long, mattered hair. His skin looked waxy and he was glaring at the camera in stripped robes with his prisoner number held up in front. The only part of him that was lively were his grey eyes, Draco's eyes, the Black eyes.