The Grandmother Moon

The children all gathered around the elder lady excitedly, awaiting the elder's tale. The elder smiled warmly, causing her wrinkles to deepen, and looked upon the young kin. The elder wrapped her knitted shawl tighter around her fragile body, despite the fire crackling and snapping in the corner of the darkened room.

"What's the story about tonight, Nana?" One of the children smiled and said excitedly, revealing her tiny white teeth that shined from the dim firelight.

"Yeah Nana, is it about dragons this time?" Another piped up, earning a series of murmurs from the rest of the group.

The elder lightly chuckled at their joyful chatter. In doing this, the children quieted, anxious to hear What the wise old woman had to tell.

"Tonight's story is about love, fantasy,and Grandmother Moon." She paused,her face expressionless, the glow of the fire sending flickering shadows to dance on her worn features. She cleared her throat before continuing, "Once every new moon, Grandmother Moon chooses two creatures to be the perfect match for each other. Wether they be human, faerie, Half blood, Gods or Goddesses, Merfolk, Werewolves or Vampires, She always picks a pair. Sometimes they never meet and never find a true love, but other times they do meet, and their powers combine into something great and mysterious." The elders eyes twinkled with delight and great joy. "This story is about a mermaid and a werewolf, and is rather.......special." said the elder, carefully choosing the right words to say.

And so the story begins of the mermaid and the wolf and their (nearly) undying love for each other.

____________________

A/N

Ok so this is my new story I will update very soon (hopefully)

Thank you for reading this book and I'm grateful for all of my readers

Please vote, comment, and do not be afraid to point out mistakes with grammar/punctuation/spelling so that I can correct them.

Oh, and BTW the picture is of Mara

Thanks :p

Love,

~K