S I X

It's been a week since Shawn got out of the hospital

It's been a week since Shawn got out of the hospital. Thankfully he didn't relapse during that time. He did have to go see a therapist, until he felt like his usual upbeat self and didn't think about doing horrible things to himself.
He did return to school, and everyone was excited to see him of course. Some even stopped being his friend which I thought was horrible.
Shawn is really sweet and deserves the world. What happened to him was very unfortunate, his parents worked it out and they ended up getting a divorce.
Shawn lived with his mom and so did his sister.
As time went on Shawn and I grew closer and closer.
What once was a small smile, is now a big hug and a kiss on the forehead from Shawn. Everyone thought we were dating, I even hope we get to that level sometime.
"Hey Cassie, can I come over today?"
I nodded, "of course is that even a question?"
He laughed "I guess you're right. Let's go!"
We walked home talking about school and we even spilled some juicy information about some people.
Walks with Shawn were always great.
Once we got to my house we stopped by the kitchen to grab a snack and a drink. My mom wasn't home so that meant he could come up to my room.
"There is something I want to ask you."
I looked over at Shawn, "go on."
He all of a sudden looked nervous, millions of questions ran through my mind.
"Look, you helped me by getting me back into my body. You were there when I needed someone most, and I really appreciate that. So after everything we've been through and a friendship grew from it.
But I don't want just a friendship between us Cassie."
I knew where this was going, and I wanted it to happen. I nodded, "I agree Shawn."
His eyes smiled with his smile, "really?"
I nodded once more, "then... Cassie. Will you be my girlfriend?"
I squealed, "of course!"
I threw my hands around him and gave him a huge hug. He laughed and hugged me back.
I looked up at him and he looked at me, slowly both of us started to lean in.
This was it... this was the moment I've been waiting for since who knows how long.
His pink plump lips bushed mine ever so lightly. Then it happened, our lips meet in a small peck. But immediately went back in for more.
One thing led to another and he was on top of me.
This I wasn't ready for, "Shawn- I."
"Is everything alright?"
I nodded, "I'm just not ready for ya-know."
He nodded, and smiled. "I understand, I wasn't going to do it tonight anyway. I didn't want to push things. You let me know when you're ready babe."
I smiled, "I will. Thank you Shawn." I gave him a small peck on the lips, on the cheek, on his neck.
I pulled him down on top of me, and we just laid there. In each others arms, not giving a care in the world. It was just us, just Shawn and I.
The ghost boy I once helped, and I will continue doing so.
This was where I wanted to be, with him. Both hearts beating and fully alive.
I wanted to be with him, no matter what.
And nothing could stop that from happening.