chapter four - package deal

chapter four – package deal

"You don't know what you got till its gone my dear, so tell me that you love me again" – Noah Cyrus

"Are you going to explain what the hell today was?" Grace smacked my arm as we left the school. Finally, home here I come.

"It's a long story, Grace. A really long story" I shake my head.

"Well get speaking" Grace crossed her arms and stopped walking.

"Okay. Do you remember the night of Will's –" A familiar voice cut me off.

"Winnie" Parker called out.

"Ugh- What does he want?" Grace scowled.

He's probably going to try and apologize again.

Please dear god let a reckless teenage driver run him over right now, I silently prayed.

Okay yes. I know that's kind of harsh but I'm sick of his lies! All summer I would hear him apologize over and over through the locked windows. And then he would send me messages through my parents. Sometimes he'd slip letters into our mailbox for me to read and god I'm just sick of it!

"What do you want?" Grace sneered at blonde haired football player in front of us.

"Why are you hanging out with Carson Ryder?" Parker had his eyebrows scrunched up together in a way that would have made me swoon if it was 6 months ago.

"Because I can" Those were the first words I had spoken to him since I flipped out on him to get out of my house.

"When did you start hanging out with him? You haven't left your house all summer-" Parker's eyes narrowed. "Don't tell me you're sleeping with that criminal?"

That's it. That is it!

I feel the anger bubbling in my stomach.

"Fu-"

"For your information, I've never been charged with anything" Carson's bored voice cut me off.

"Back off, Ryder" Parker glared at my new not-friend.

"I'm not afraid of you. Now stay the hell away from me and Winter" Carson spoke intensely but still kept that bored tone.

How the hell did he do that?

"You don't get to make that decision for her" Parker stepped forward and all of a sudden all of the memories of Parker getting into fights for me in middle school appeared.

I pushed the lump down in my throat and squinted at him.

"Leave us alone, Parker" I seethed. How dare he make me sad again!

"Winnie-" Parker's eyes widened.

Was he really surprised? Was he always this stupid? I mean I know he's a jock and all but I have never realized how slow he actually is.

"You heard her, Mills" Carson smirked. "Come on, Winnie. I'll drive you home"

Something changed in Parker's eyes and I got a bad feeling in my stomach. He wants to hurt someone. And that someone is, Carson Ryder.

"Come on, man. You've done enough" Will appeared by Parker's side. He had a hand on his shoulder like he knew what was going on in Parker's mind. And he probably did.

Will Preston is Parker's boy best friend. We've known him since he moved here from Viewpoint in 5th grade. Will was always really nice to me and whenever his cousins would visit from Eastview, he would invite me to come play with the girls. Since he knew how I didn't have many girl friends.