chapter five - time for a change

chapter five – time for a change

"I like it like that! Hey! Windows down, chilling with the radio on" – Hot Chelle Rae

School went by quick and fast. The same things happening everyday but differently. Everyday Parker would come up to us with more questions and I would shut him down quick. Sometimes Carson would get to it before me.

At first I was nervous about Parker confronting me everyday but now it feels like nothing but a chore I have to do. But then again it's only been 5 days.

"It's Fridayy" Regina howled as we left school. "Do you know what that means?"

"I get to sleep in tomorrow?" I joke and she rolls her eyes.

"No, silly" Regina playfully smacks my shoulder. "It means that tonight we shall party"

The gang starts hooting and howling while Max, Grace and I stay silent, a little embarrassed as people glance our way.

"Are you guys even invited to any parties?" Grace asks and then her eyes go wide. "No offense!"

"None taken, sweetheart" Seth wraps his arm around her shoulders and she blushes. Oh, she sure has a crush on our modified little friend there.

"It's more fun if we crash parties anyway" Gene and Carson share a look and they both laugh. I guess they have some sort of inside joke.

"So it's on! Girls meet at my place and guys can go roll in a dirt pit or whatever you do to get ready for things" Regina grins. I've gotten used to her random phrases this past week.

"Sorry. It's a no go for Winnie" Carson glances at me and I cross my arms.

"Why can't I come?" I squint at him.

"Princess, parties aren't really your scene and I don't think you have the balls to crash one" Carson smirks as my eye twitches in annoyance.

"Oh yeah?" I step forward and Carson raises his eyebrows, arching his back down so he can get closer to my face.

"Yeah" I could smell Carson's mint gum, that's how close he was to me.

"Get a room" Seth smirked as we pulled apart. Carson had his signature bored look on his face as he stared at Seth while my cheeks burned red.

"Come on, Winter" Carson lead me to his car to drive me home.

"Ooh get some, Ryder" I heard Regina howl as we walked away and my cheeks flamed up even more.

I glanced over at Carson and he had a little grin on his lips.

"Better get used to that, princess" Carson opened the passenger door for me. "Cause this is what being their friend means"

****

Carson dropped Grace, Max and I off at Regina's house around 7 o'clock.

"Hey Max" A young boy, probably around 12 greeted Max as we walked straight into Regina's house without knocking.

"Hey Sterling" Max ruffled the boys pink hair.

"Who are you guys?" The boy, Sterling, grinned at us.

"That's Winnie and Grace. Carson and Seth's girls" Max explained.

"I'm not Carson's girl" I blushed.

Max turned towards me and smiled at me. "Yes you are. Carson doesn't make new friends. Especially not with girls. So you're Carson's girl"