29.. Elisa's Plight

Sofia was standing in front of her apartment's door, which was then of her friend's Maria as she was already staying with her love, Simone.

" What happened Sophia, you here! Everything is fine." Maria said when she opened the door looking her miserable condition.

Her dress was dishevelled and a bit torn from the waist because of those constant hitting of belt.

" Maria...!" She exclaimed with no emotion, her tears were strucked somewhere and she came inside.

***

" So, now tell me, what happened Sofia? Why are you in this torn state?" Maria asked her with concern and gave her some water, also she brought the first aid kid for her.

Her silence was killing her like a curious cat, moreover looking her mess, she was scared.

" Sophia, say something, did Simone did something with you, what's the matter! But he is not like that, how could he, he was such a sweet guy!" Her friend was blabbering anything which came to her tongue .

" Maria, how stupid and fool I am!" Sofia exclaimed in vexation putting her both hands on her forhead, she was regretting what she had done.

" I am so gullible and incredulous, that man just make my fool, how can I believe him! Why didn't I believe Simone!" She said blaming herself in agitation, she was frustrated for her own deeds. Guilt was obvious on her face without any trance of tear.

" Darling calm down, stop freaking out, explain me everything please, I am not understanding you! "She said, with completely blank face, not having an idea about her friend's stupidity.

She closed her eyes, and then narrated the whole tale of her insanity, how she believed the man who claimed to be Simone's father, how she had developed an aversion towards her, how she mistook Simone that he would choose his best friend, how insecure and vengeful she was!

Then she narrated her insanity that day, how she freaked out and how Mr. Gambino's true picture came infront of her.

" Hush! Are you mad, Sofia? You should trust him and moreover tell him that his father came to you by taking his name." Maria yelled and whispered, 'let me look!'

She upslided her shirt a bit to look those scars, ' Sofia, what did you do?' Then she put some ointments over those red marks.

After first aiding her, she said," Sofia, now what will you do? What about you and Simone!"

" I don't know!" She said, and then changed her dress into Maria's one.

***

After the whole two days, Sofia made up her mind and heart to join the office and faced him.

Her heart beat escaped while signing her attendence, she didn't know what was going to happen.

Her sluggish steps led her to her desk, she closed her eyes if she should go to him, at last she decided she couldn't!

It was so difficult to face him after that brutal fight, she remembered how she accused him when he came to her after slapping her.

" Simone, what do you want, I don't want to look at your face.
You are no one for me, no one, you care only for her, you are blindfolded by her, you can't even see her lies.
And you do this always.

whenever you have to choose between me and her, you choose her.
Can't you get this, you love me, oh sorry! I was just your infatuation, I just want this to be end. " That was her words, he couldn't comprehend who had filled her ears to such an extent.