Let's talk for a moment

Sorry for such a late upload, had a hectic day today. I hope you enjoy xx

Narrator's POV:

The very moment that the words fell out of Dianne's mouth, she regretted it. Instantaneously wishing that she could find some sort of remote that could rewind time. Equally Joe found himself regretting coming downstairs to find her. Joe knew what was bound to come next, the talk was something never good - he knew that, he'd had more than one before, in fact the majority of the talks he'd had with girls were instigated by him in the first place. But never in his wildest dreams did he ever think that he would be having this talk with Dianne. The talk that was bound to break his heart.

Joe never understood why people would become so depressed and so empty after a heartbreak, but since he'd been going out with Dianne, he learned to understand that the love you can hold for someone trumps all other thoughts and emotions, it means so much to you that even the mere thought of losing it makes you want to die inside a little, so if it was to happen for real.... Well.... All that Joe could think about was how he could think of a way to get her to stay. All he could hear was the sound of his heart thumping in his head. All he could feel was his skin become clammy and his pulse raise in fear that this would be the last time he would get to see that gorgeous dancer from Australia. The only woman who had ever been able to make him laugh till he cried. The only woman who found a way to love him despite all his flaws and stupid jokes. The only woman he could ever imagine spending his future with.

But something in Joe's head thought realistically for a moment. Joe had always been sensible to a certain extent. Yes he made stupid jokes, and yes he was a prankster at heart. But in the long run Joe knew when to do the right thing. And in this situation, Joe knew that if Dianne wasn't happy she had the right to explain why. So with that in mind, Joe took the time to calm his nerves, clear his head and settle himself down on the sofa next to where Dianne was stood. Giving her the chance to voice her thoughts...

Dianne's POV:

'Shit, shit, shit - why the fuck did you say that Buswell?' I reprimanded myself, instantly regretting my choices. I didn't want to tell Joe what I had done. A few weeks ago, it took me nine days to admit that I dropped a glass and broke it. So if it took me almost a fortnight to admit something as meaningless as that, I knew that I didn't have the courage to admit that I had cheated on him, barely 3 nights ago.

As soon as the words fell from my mouth, I watched Joe's facial features. His eyes darted to the floor, the light obscuring the blue making seem more like a murky grey than it's usual radiating sky like colour. His strong jaw dropped lightly as his lips parted as if he was to say something. To say anything in an attempt to stop me from saying what I knew would be regretted soon after. 'Come on Joe, say something - try and stop me.' I willed him on in my head, hoping that all of a sudden telepathy would come into play in our relationship. But of course, it didn't - Joe closed his mouth and looked back up to me, clearing his throat he gave me an almost piercing stare, as a new wave of confidence was clearly found within him, as he dominantly walked over to the sofa and sat down in front of me. The blue returning to his eyes as he looked at me with a stony facial expression, waiting for me to continue. Little did he know he was waiting for me to break his heart.

But still.... When I looked at that young mans face, I once again found my heart melt a little bit, I found a smile grow onto my face and I found a new wave of confidence in myself. A new confidence that assured me that I wasn't ready, that I couldn't do it to him yet.

Joe's POV:

I waited for Dianne to say what she had to, ensuring that any tears behind my eyes were locked away for another time, making sure I didn't break down in front of her. I watched her stare into my eyes, as I looked back into hers with nothing but admiration and love for that girl in front of me. A small smile came onto her face as the room continued to be clouded with a thick silence, probably obscuring both our minds and our voices.