Yet another lie

A/N hey people, thank you so much for all the comments and messages I have been receiving from this story, it means so much to know that what I write is enjoyable for you. Just thought I'd let you know that this chapter is quite long compared to the others. Hope you enjoy !

Joe's POV:

It had been a few weeks now since Dianne and I had gone to the park. She was back on tour again, and I was still at home - quite frankly none the wiser about what was happening to us. I kept my promise of not bringing it up, knowing that it would only upset her, but something still wasn't right. Our relationship is most definitely on the rocks - and the Joanne ship is definitely sinking, but I can't work out why.

But today was not the day to think about that. Whilst she was away, I have to take this time to film my frickin ass off. So in light of that - today Caspar's coming over to film two videos for his channel and one for mine, but of course, Caspar being Caspar, he was late. Very late. So I sat waiting for him, with a glass of cucumber water in one hand, and my phone in the other - absentmindedly flicking through the photos I had been tagged in on Instagram. The first few were the usual. Fan pages re-posting old, embarrassing pictures of me - until eventually I came across a press picture of Dianne and I walking around London, last week. Usually I ignored these photos, but this one stuck with me. It was the first time I got to see how distant we looked from an outside perspective. Our mouths closed showing the lack of our conversations, the distance between our bodies as we walked. Dianne at least an arms length out of reach from my side. And our hands both tucked away in our pockets.

I snapped my eyes away from the phone as I heard a welcomed knock at the door. Walking over to it and opening it, I saw a beaming South African face above my eye line as my closest mate walked through the door.

"Hey Casp you alright?" I questioned in an admittedly depressed tone of voice

"Hey buddy, not bad, you?" he replied much cheerier than I did.

"Yeah I'm good" My reply was met by Caspars raised eye brow.

"Sorry Joseph but I am going to call bull shit on that. Come on, what's up? I refuse to film with you until you get all of this out of your system" He said gesturing to my slouched posture and unruly hair. I was usually one for getting out of conversations like this, but for the first time in my life I found myself actually wanting to talk to someone about this. So walking over to the sofa, Caspar following behind like a lost puppy, I decided to get all my concerns off of my chest.

"I don't know Casp, its Dianne" I sighed, unaware of what exactly I was going to blurt out

"Ooop, trouble in paradise?" He joked.

"Fuck of mate" I replied - my patience wearing thin.

"I'm sorry mate, what's going on? Is everything okay?"

I paused for a moment, thinking about what exactly it was that was holding us back. "Recently we've been having some issues. Dianne's changed and I don't know why. She's been more distant. She doesn't want to be in any of my vlogs anymore. She doesn't laugh as much as she used too and she's been so quiet whenever she's near me. I asked her friend Pasquale how she is on tour he kind of said the same thing. Just that she's so focused on everything rehearsal and tour related she hasn't been herself around the cast. She hasn't been going to any of the cast drinks, even when she told me she had, and Pasquale said that after every show she just goes straight back to her hotel room rather than chill with every one else which is so weird seeing as she's usually the last one up every time. I'm worried Casp. Not only for our relationship but for her in general. What should I do?"

I watched as Caspar attempted to sort out the blurt of information I had unexpectedly thrown at him. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion before he spoke. "I don't want to pry here Joe but is everything okay in your more.... uh... intimate relationship?" Caspar asked. I knew that anything I told Caspar he would keep to himself. And I knew that the only way he could help me was if he knew everything.