What else are big sisters for?

A/N Hey people, sorry that I couldn't upload the other day. This last week I have been quite ill and my new schedule has been insane, but anyway, I will try my absolute hardest to keep this story up to my usual scheduling from now on. Also this entire chapter and possibly the next one will be just conversation, so might not be the most descriptive. Hope you enjoy! xx

The phone rang continuously from her bedside table, forcing her to stretch out her limbs from the warm cocoon she had formed underneath her blanket. Pausing her TV, she reached over and answered her phone, causing the monotonous tone to finally subside.

Z: Ello!

J: Hey, have you got a minute?

Z: Yeah of course, what's up?

J: I need some advice...

Z: Okay.... Is everything alright Joe?

J: Yeah it's absolutely fine. I still love my job, I love my home and Dianne left me so everything is ship shape and shiny

Joe said sarcastically, humour after all being his one and only defence mechanism in any situation.

Z: What! Fuck off Joe... I mean... what!

J: Yeah.

Z: Oh my god Joe... what happened, you guys are perfect for each other.

J: Yeah I mean I thought we were too, but apparently I'm not as good as a boyfriend as her ex, so surprise!

Z: Joe what happened?

J: She cheated on me Zo... The very first night that we were away from each other since she went out to Australia, she went to a bar got pissed and then fell into the strong arms of her masculine, tall, muscly, actor of an ex-boyfriend and fucked him...

Z: Joe...

J: She turned her phone off for 48 hours after that without a word meaning that I couldn't contact her. She came home and acted as if nothing had happened. She was distant from me for a month and told her cast mates on tour what had happened, before she told me. She lied and told them that we were fine and that we'd talked about it....

Z: Joe, I think tha-...

J: SHE WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD THAT I KNOW I LOVE AND SHE TOOK THAT AND PROVED TO ME THAT I'M MEANT TO BE ALONE, THAT I'M MEANT TO BE THE SINGLE ONE IN OUR GROUP, THE ONE THAT WILL NEVER BE LOVED AND THE ONE THAT HAS BUILT A CAREER AROUND BEING A FUCKING IDIOT WHO CAN'T GET A GIRL IF HE TRIED BECAUSE ALL HE DOES IS SIT AROUND AND ACT LIKE HE'S 10 AGAIN.

Z: JOE, CALM DOWN!!

Joe took a moment, his sudden outburst having caught him off guard. His breath was heavy and the tears he had wanted to keep at bay began to flood down his face as he paced around his apartment as if he was looking for the red head who should be sitting on that sofa like she used to.

J: I'm sorry Zoe... I - I just feel like an idiot...

Z: Why do you feel like an idiot?

J: Because I lost her... I lost the only good thing I had in my life. Since being on Strictly, I've lost subscribers, I struggle to get content out and the onslaught of new articles are having an effect on my brain. I'm beginning to get anxious about every video I post now because I know that from the moment I post it there are hundreds of writers watching it and waiting for even the slightest thing to pick up on. And I'm so worried that the next video I post will be the one that is going to wreck everything I have worked for. But with Dianne by my side, I didn't care about any of that. And if I did then I knew she was there to help me, and listen to me and tell me that I was being ridiculous. But now I feel lost, I don't now who to turn to and I'm scared Zoe... What if I never get it back.