The Red Sun pt.1

Ever since Zaylbor/Kozodorth killed Ondrym, the Earth had started going through global warming a lot faster. Antarctica doesn't exist anymore, the Black Sea is gone, and the Fire Lance  was missing. Kozodorth was wrong about the trident being broken. Well, yes, it didn't have its elemental powers of water, but it does have the elemental ability of Electricity. It's also still able to track down things. Last week, it found New Orleans (which is still underwater), and it found Ondrym's body. 

"Ruby, give it up!" Rael yelled. "The lance is far gone!" 

"It can't be!" Ruby yelled. "We have to stop father!"

"I swear if I don't get any ice cream, I'll die!" Gavin yelled. He kicked the table. 

Ruby was sitting in the corner of the room with the trident and a few books about tridents. Rael was sitting on the couch next to Gavin watching TV, while Gavin was sweating from the heat wave. I come out with some water. 

"Drink this!" I pushed the glass in his face.

"Where did the hero's go?" Gavin asked. 

"They are dealing with some crisis concerning some multiverse," I answered, not telling him that Kozodorth had them all mysteriously die. 

"Is nobody going to talk about how Zaylbor's body is turning black and getting bigger?" Rael said.

"It's not surprising," I said. 

"Why can't Gavin and I go out for once?" Rael complained.

"Rael, we need to stop Kozodorth," Gavin said. 

"Why can't we just be a normal couple?" Rael groaned.

We heard a knock at the door. Everyone grows tense. Nobody knew we are here. Ruby's trident flickered, sparks flying of it. A lance came through the door, followed by a familiar voice. I opened the door to see an old friend. It was Mason Tenbusch. 

"What are you doing here?" Gavin asked. 

"Is Lloyd ok?" I asked, concerned about the well being of my child. 

"I'm here because, Port Huron is gone," he said. "And Lloyd went into a coma from the heat." He pulls out a device and hands it to me. "Your neighbor gave me that. Said it would allow you to talk to him and see him." I take the device.

"So, what's this about Port Huron being gone?" Rael asked. He had only been there for a brief time as that was where his father created him. 

"Heat wave caused a massive flood from Antarctica, all of Canada is pretty much gone," Mason explained.

"Wait, So there's Heat, Water, and overgrowth of trees," Ruby said. 

"It's all their plans put into one!" Gavin yelled. 

"If the Trio had done this before, we wouldn't have won."

"Kozodorth must be stopped!" I said. Lloyd was hurt by him. I didn't want to lose anymore of my family. 

"Where did you get the lance?" Rael asked. 

"I found it in the ruins of Port Huron," Mason explained. "I could feel it's heat from miles away."

"The Fire Lance," Ruby gasped. 

"How are we going to use it against Kozodorth?" I asked. "The toxins washed off in the flood."

"Combine the lance with the trident," Rael suggested.

"That's a great idea!" Ruby said. "Can you do it, Mason?"

"I can try," he said. 

"Rael, I need you to charge the trident!" 

"For the last time, I'm not a fucking charger!" Rael yelled. He walked over to the trident and charges it anyway.