Reason 9

Reason 9. Wang Yibo is Wang Yibo.

Xiao Zhan sniffed and looked away from Wang Yibo. "I've had enough, it's even you who said that it's not working out... Then why do you have to suddenly show that you care?" he whispered as Xiao Zhan can't stop his tears from falling. "Is it very obvious that I haven't moved on yet? Is that your reason why you keep approaching and messing with my feelings?" He laughed bitterly and Wang Yibo couldn't even bring to say anything.

Xiao Zhan felt so suffocated and his head ached a lot. He wipes his tears and nose with his sleeve and said, "Let's stop fighting now, okay?"

At that very moment, it was Wang Yibo's turn who wanted to cry. It's not because of what Xiao Zhan has said, it was because of the pained expression he showed. Xiao Zhan gave Wang Yibo a genuine smile but filled with sadness in it.

• • •

After the incident when Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo were outside the building, they never talked during work even if they saw each other, they went to their separate ways. Zhang Fangxin was assigned to another building and didn't get to see Xiao Zhan anymore. Weeks went by fast and you couldn't even tell that the opening of the Galleria was close, just a week away.

Xiao Zhan silently walked towards the building. They're almost done with the project and Xiao Zhan can finally cut every connection he has with Wang Yibo.

It was the time to honestly let go. No more crying, no more sadness. Just acceptance. If Xiao Zhan would have to talk to Wang Yibo. He wouldn't complain anymore, the easier to face things is to just be numb about it. Xiao Zhan is tired of crying if he was to be asked. So it was literally time to stop.

Besides, Xiao Zhan was the only one who kept provoking Yibo, right? Wasn't it him who will only end up frustrated in the end?

Just a week more and no more Wang Yibo. Xiao Zhan smiled as he encouraged himself. He talked with the crew cheerfully and started socializing with the others. They cooperated with the work to finish things faster. Everything was honestly going pretty well and smoothly. Wang Yibo wasn't interfering since he also has his own job to finish.

"Xiao-ge, I heard you really like to eat chocolates!" Meng Mei said as she approached him. Xiao Zhan smiled at her and nodded. "Yes, I do love them."

"H-Here, I was making chocolates last night for my friend's birthday but ended up making too much," she said shyly as she handed Xiao Zhan a nicely wrapped pouch of chocolates. "Thank you, Meng Mei, I sincerely appreciate it," Xiao Zhan said and gave her a charming smile. The lady's cheeks brighten and returned a shy smiled at him.

Why didn't Xiao Zhan did this sooner? Ignoring the presence of his ex and staying positive by surrounding himself with other people. Xiao Zhan continued to discuss with the others for the final layout of the place.

"Excuse me, Zhan-ge. We brought all the paintings from your apartment, it's in divider number 5," a fellow crew said and Xiao Zhan thanked him with a smile on his face.

Xiao Zhan went to the area where divider number 5 is located and saw the different paintings he made. "Ah, there's honestly a lot," he murmured to himself. He arranged everything orderly and took out some outside to place in the other stalls, when suddenly, something caught in the corner of his eye.

A huge canvas covered with a black cloth. Xiao Zhan stared at it for a few seconds and sighed. "I've always wondered what's under that black cloth," a voice said.

"It's the greatest unfinished masterpiece I-" Xiao Zhan cut off himself and he suddenly realize who actually spoke. He turned around and saw Wang Yibo standing not too far away from him. "Are you gonna show it to the exhibit?" Yibo asked at Xiao Zhan, looking directly into his eyes.