1

I took off for Los Angeles when I was 17. My home life wasn't the greatest, my mom split when I was 10, and well my dad was always at work or the bar. I was in a few little high school bands as the guitarist but mostly a garage band. Some times we would play a school dance, but the music we were playing was not what I was wanting to do. The bands were always pop bands, and I wanted to play rock, like Aerosmith, or Queen, Black Sabbath, heavy shit. Growing in the small town like Lawrence Kansas was not going to get me anywhere. I need to go where the music was, so I grabbed what money I had and headed to the bus station for Los Angeles. 

Once I got there it was unbelievable, all the energy. I stepped off the bus and went a motel at the bus station. I figured it was good enough till I found something else, it wasn't the greatest of rooms but it would work. Once I dropped my stuff off at the room, I headed for the sunset strip. It was a good two blocks from my room, but it was worth the walk. First place I saw was the Whiskey, I knew the never let me in so I stood at the side of the door and listened to the music blaring out into the street. It was my first night on the strip and it was amazing all the people, music coming from all the different bars. I had finally found my haven. 

Once I was done with my roaming around I went back to my room and sat down I started to make a plan starting the next day. One find a job, two starting looking into starting a band or joining one. That was the most important things after that everything will work its self out. First thing in the morning I got up and showered, then decided to grab something to eat. I also grabbed a newspaper to start looking for help wanted ads. There was an ad to be a cashier at a liquor store I wasn't 18 yet but I'm sure I could pull it off as long as they didn't ask for proof. So once I was finished eating I heading over to the store, which sat on the corner down from the Whiskey. As I walked in behind the counter was a big biker guy, " Can I speak to the manager?", I asked and the man replied that he was, I said to him that I was looking to apply for the job. He stood there and kind of looked me up and down, then nodded his head, " Be here tonight at 9 you can train with the normal guy", "Okay", and walked out of the store. 

There is one checked off the list, I have a job. When I walked in I saw a tall guy but not the manager. So this must be who I have to train with. He was tall, black hair, kind of teased up his hair was over his eyes. So I walked up to him, " Hey I'm Terra I'm starting here tonight", "Oh yea Big Mike said you was coming, I'm Nikki", he held his hand out to me, and we shook.