Chapter 8 - Candy Gin Tonic

Jimin's house is big. I don't know what's the purpose of having this big house when he lives alone but it's convenient, I guess, when you are Park Jimin and you're everyone's friend.

Jennie had warned me about it. But I don't see anything bad about having many friends though. And how many friends can he really have? Their immediate friends are already big... how much more can he have?

Well, the answer slapped me tonight. He can have much more apparently. I didn't think of it that much earlier when he asked me if it's okay to have a house party tonight. I don't have any problems with it. This is his house, he can do whatever he wants with it. And he looks so excited about it, of course I'm not gonna say no. Actually his excitement rubbed off to me so I did look forward to the party. In just one simple text, it was all set. To my surprise, around 30 people came... and more are about to come.

"Rosé, you okay here?" a familiar voice from behind asks. I look back and see it's Yoongi, holding two red cups.

I smile at him before looking back towards the cityscape. "The balcony is awesome. I always like here." I answer him as I take in the beauty of the city lights that's surrounding Jimin's complex. I don't know why I can't claim this house even though he insisted on making me feel at home. I guess because I know it's temporary.

"You still on meds?" he asks as he leans on the balcony's railing.

I shrug no. "Haven't been on meds ever since I got out of the hospital. The doctor said there's no need unless I feel any intolerable pain."

He then reaches out one of the red cups he's holding. "Then have a drink."

I stare at the drink before taking it. Lisa and Taehyung told me to just get the juice and stay away from alcohol but Hoseok mixed this and they said he's one of the best mixers out there. That's why I really wanted to try.

I put the cup to my lips and paused. This smells of a really good candy. Without further hesitation, I drowned it. I can hear Yoongi's protest beside me but I was able to finish it. "Wow. That's good."

"Damn, girl. You're gonna die early. I'm not gonna give you anymore drinks if you drink like that." he says but I can see a proud smile on his face. Ok, then. I'll just get one when you're not looking.

"So, oppa. How's work?" I ask, trying to start a conversation.

"Work's a pain in the ass because of your so-called brother. He's always on the news that sometimes I don't want to see him anymore just to detoxify myself from all the images of Jimin around Korea." he spats in one breathing that I had a hard time understanding it though I get his point about it being Jimin's fault. I'm still not confident with my Korean.

"Then why are you here in his party? Even though there are tons of people here, you can certainly see Jimin every 5 mins."

He shrugs and tips his cup towards me. "Of course for this. Hoseok's the best and I hate missing this out when he's in the zone." He drinks from it and sighs afterwards. I give him a questioning look which he answers immediately. "I'm also here to drag Jungkook's ass out of his studio. Have you talked to him already?"

Jungkook's here? Apparently, even though we're living under the same roof, I haven't seen even his shadow. I wanted to talk to him but it seems like he's avoiding me. But I know he's checking on me though. Jimin always receives a call every morning just to wake him up then he'll be going directly to the kitchen and prepare food for me even though he's half awake. I accidentally caught him when I answered Jimin's phone because he can't wake up and the first thing he said was "Thank God, you're awake. Have you cooked breakfast yet? Is she also awake now?"