Chapter 5, The Rose Garden.

When she woke up, the headache was gone.

It was gone. After 9 days. And 10 nights. And 10 hearbreaks. And 1 beginning.

                  After about 30 minutes of thinking, the girl decided to take a shot of changing king spade and his son. Including herself. And Athena was happy with this decision. Because she hoped she had a chance, and that she already changed Lancer, no matter if it worked out or not. If she stays in the prison for the rest of her life or is released. She was always going to be friends with Lancer, because he taught Athena something. That not all children are irritating . And she taught him a lesson. That he was safe and nothing was going to hurt him. She felt like a motherly figure to him. Even if he didn't see that  in her, she felt important to him. Because his mother is gone. Athena didn't know if she was alive or dead. Neither did Lancer. Only the king knew, and he planned on keeping it to himself for the rest of his life. Or untill he gained someone's trust, which he knew wouldn't be happening anytime soon. Lancer knew it hurt him keeping it inside, but he understood. Because he would always tell his some she was a beautiful and lovely women who cared about everyone. And so did the king. Those times have passed, and the king was permanently ruined by not seeing her. But Lancer didn't know what happened to her. Because The king didn't want to make his son to worry or be upset because he was never going to see her again. So he kept that inside too. He kept everything inside. Because that's what hurt people do. 

Not too long after she was thinking about these things and the prince's mother and her chance to become something diffrent then a prisoner, Lancer arrived in the lift. And ran to her cell. And was very happy for whatever reason he was happy.

"Hey! My dad says he likes your attitude! And you know what else?!"

"What else kid?"

"He's gonna see you again later! And he's gonna let you out to stretch!"

"Wow. Really? The old man finally realizes my skinny ass ain't becoming no jester if I'm not let out?"

"Well.. er... I mean, he didn't say for sure if you were going to be a jester."

"Hmm. Don't count on it , you monkey. I dont care where i go."

"Are you sure you don't want a chance?"

"Hey. Lancer. I was wondering about something..."

"Huh? What is it?"

"Your not going to like it Lancer. You have never liked the subject."

"Oh... is it my mom?"

Lancer wasn't visibly upset, but he smiled a little less, and he calmed down.

"We can talk about her. Just remember, I dont know too much. And i hope my dad doesn't hear about this, he doesn't like talking about her."

"Oh... right. Anyways... did your dad ever have pictures of her?"

"Well yeah. But he said I'm not allowed to see them. And id prefer to not know. Because I dont want to miss her either."

"Do you know why you think that way?"

"Well... it's because she was apparently a player... so she was talking to other guys. My dad never told me specifically who, but he just told me she was a whore."

"Oh. Well I'm not , so don't worry about it."

"My dad wouldn't care anyways because.. well. She wasn't  a demon, so there was no excuse to go home with people he didn't know of. If she was a demon with heat, then it's an understanding. That's what he told me."

"We don't even know if we're going to get together."

Then again, at the worst time, the king chose his time to visit. The worst time. Again. But the two were clueless of it. Somehow they couldn't hear the elevator over their voices. So they went on talking. And luckily for Spade, it's what he wanted to hear.