Liberty From Boggarts

Y/n smiled as the cool air rushed across her face, pricking at her skin. A small glow of red danced along her cheeks and she grasped her water bottle. Her sleep had evaded her clutches in the early morning, so she had turned to a morning jog to satisfy her boredom. She had found that the grounds of Hogwarts were even more magical without bustling students and the sound of lessons erupting across the greenery. She sat in front of the lake, allowing her fingers to reach towards the dark waters. Her reflection shone back at her, slight ripples covering the image. A swift movement from within the water drew the girl closer, her eyes widening in hopes of claiming a glance at the mysterious figure. Before she could fall face first into the water, the increasing noise of students arising brought her back to her senses drawing her away from the lake and back towards her room.

She tugged on her green tie, loosening it slightly as she passed through the corridors. As she needed the corner her journey came to a halt as two lanky Gryffindors came charging towards her. Having briefly met them before, y/n raised her eyebrows in slight confusion as to their hurried movements. Noticing her, the two stopped, slightly out of breath.

"Y/n, funny seeing you"

"Here, we should go in the other direction"

"What did you guys do this time?!"

"Oh nothing, just-"

George was interrupted by Snape's voice ricocheting off the walls.

"What did you do!"

The trio ran to the great hall, but were stopped by the furious Professor Snape. Although he hated the twins, he had taken to a daughter like fondness of y/n. He saw a lot of Lilly's qualities in her. Y/n beamed elegantly and somehow got herself and the twins out of the situation without losing any house points. As soon as they sat down y/n huffed and began hitting them lightly, interjecting a word between each hit.

"I hate you guys"

Fred interjected first while dodging her attacks,

"No-"

"You love us"

"Also can you tell us apart yet ?"

The girl peered at them both and then pointed at Fred saying,

"You're Fred and he's George"

Y/n nodded the two farewell, speeding towards her friends at the other end of the hall before they could make her question her logic. Before she could relieve her feet of their burden, Cedric rolled in with his gang of groupies, making one of the loudest entrances in history. Each one slightly shoved the boy at the head of the group, propelling him forward. Instead of heading to the Hufflepuff table with his friends, he began walking over to the group of Slytherins. With a giddy look on his face he walked up to y/n and started a conversation, if you could call his giggly words anything of the sort.

"Hey, y/n right?"

"Yeah, sorry do I know you?"

" I'm Cedric, but you can call me Ced, just thought I'd say hi"

A cocky smile formed across his face as he began wandering back towards his table, whispers and giggles erupting from the students who trailed behind him. Pushing the experience into the back of her mind she began eating, sweeping up the food into her mouth before excusing herself from the table wanting to get to the classroom early. The aura amongst the boys was slightly darkened as they glared in the direction of the Hufflepuff table, mumbling soft words beneath their breath, Arrogant prick, i know right- Pansy on the other hand was giggling softly at the girl, landing occasional slaps on her shoulder. Cedric was undeniably Hogwarts' pretty boy and he had just talked to Y/n.

Soon after lunch had finished, the group headed through the stony corridors towards their next class. The empty classroom was layered with small particles of dust which tickled at y/n's nose as she placed her books down beside her. The suns rays warmed the room as it peaked through the stained glass panes creating a serene environment. An environment which soon lulled the girl to sleep. She was shaken awake by Pansy as students began piling into the classroom as did the teacher Professor Lupin.

"Hey, l/n"

She turned to see who had shouted her name, Draco sat at his desk with a sling on his arm. When he saw he got her attention he cast a spell and sent a bird parchment flying around y/n's head making her giggle. He slightly smiled at her childishness. Holding the bird in her fingers, she unfolded it to find a messy sketch of her smiling.

The cute bastard.

"Today I'm going to teach you how to defeat a boggart"

As Professor Lupin went to stand next to it, the wardrobe gave a sudden wobble, banging off the wall.

Lupin surveyed the students scared faces with excitement present in his lopsided grin.

"Nothing to worry about"

Y/n slightly backed away, tripping into seamus,

"Sorry"

"Uh n-no problem"

his voice cracked slightly, forcing an embarrassed blush to further gorw on his face.

"There's a Boggart in there."

"Thank you Mr Weasley, their is indeed a boggart in this wardrobe"
Neville gave Professor Lupin a look of pure terror, and Seamus Finnigan eyed the now rattling doorknob apprehensively.

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces,"

Y/n stood back as she eyed the wardrobe, she had encountered one as a small child. Her parents had gone off to work, leaving her in the care of the elves, it had been hidden in the basement, she had been searching for her paints when it had popped out. Her parents had washed away the form of the boggart as it had been the source of her nightmares for weeks.

The girl tried to focus her attention on practicing her spell, but different scenarios rolled through her mind. Each becoming more dreary, causing her face to slightly pale. As they all lined up Harry turned from in front of her with a worried expression.

He stepped towards the cupboard for his turn, as the boggart morphed into various shapes, it settled on a form which sent tingles up y/n'a spines. She stared with glazed eyes at the dementor, screams for help echoed in her mind, her hands clasped over her ears as she fell to her knees. She closed her eyes letting tears drop until the shrieks became overpowering. The pain ended as she blacked out, Blaise picked her up in his arms, her head slightly rolling into his chest as he walked towards the infirmary, an unusual feeling of worry present in his pounding chest.

(A/n i hope you enjoyed the chapter)
-Sweetandssour