barefoot bubblebaths

Y/n was walking through the courtyard when she was stopped by Cedric.

"Hey, about the golden egg. Try taking a bath with it."

"What?"

"If you want I could join you"

Y/n blushed,

"N-nah I'm sure I'll figure it out"

That night y/n quietly walked into the bathroom and took of her robe leaving her in a bathing suit. She sat in the water, relaxing before grabbing the egg and opening it. The screeches filled the room. The water gave y/n and idea, the writing along the sides looked familiar. She picked up her book on Merpeople and flicked to the language section. Y/n plunged herself into the water and opened the egg, instead of the usual screaming, it let out melodious singing

Come seek us where our voices sound
We cannot sing above the ground
An hour long you'll have to look
To recover what we took

An hour long you have to look
To recover what we took
Your time's half gone so tarry not
Lest what you seek stays here to rot.

She broke through the water and once again picked up her book. The only place merepeople could be on the school's grounds was the black lake.

"An hour long you'll have to look"

Y/n recited the song to herself.

"How am I going to hold my breath for an hour?"

She dried herself off and headed to bed. All of this reading had made her head hurt.

For once y/n had woken early, she sat in the great hall with a book of spells eating her worries away. Hermione came in and slightly smiled, y/n had finally taken her advice to look into the egg. Her friends were making Hermione stress.

Y/n was mumbling to herself as she flipped through a book, searching for a spell to help her you know... not drown.

"Looking for something?"

"Mione do you know any spells that could help me breathe underwater?"

Hermione plopped into the seat beside her and flipped through the pages, landing on a page. It talked about a transfiguration spell which would turn the person into a fairytale like mermaid.

"Only one problem, it says it's difficult for even advanced wizards to cast. I have two days left"

"Well then let's get a move on"

They spent the entire day and night practicing the spell, thankful for the fact that classes had been canceled. Ron and Harry were busy in the library, still unsure of what to do.

Y/n was falling asleep as she cast the spell once more. When nothing happened, she got up to head to her bedroom but instead promptly fell flat on her face. Her legs were now encased in a scaly tail and gills had formed around her neck.

Hermione was whisked away as she was called for by professor Mcgonagall.

Y/n had done it once and that reassured her enough. She face planted into her mattress and hoped for the best.

The following morning y/n sat moping in the dining hall with Harry, they both sat in silence and picked at their plates. Y/n glanced around the hall to see Ron, Hermione and Draco missing.

Fred and George appeared, their aura brightening up the gloomy atmosphere instantly. They smiled as words floated out of their mouths

"So do you reckon"

"You guys will drown?"

Harry shuddered while y/n jokingly glared at them.

Together they headed down to the platform. Harry seemed almost in a daze while y/n had decided to not sweat it and hope she didn't die. Various people had come up to her and wished her luck. Some guys had gotten flirty and the twins had glares at them from behind the girl.

Harry and y/n turned to the professors as they herded the champions together. Y/n zoned out as she silently repeated the enchantment. She was snapped out of her dream when she Neville handed Harry a plant and blushed as he wished y/n luck.

She walked to the edge of the platform and readied her wand. The horn blared as the champions leapt into the lake. Y/n cast the spell and fell into the water. Breaking the surface with a splash. Y/n opened her eyes and to her relief she had a glimmering tail and could function underwater. She turned and followed the singing. Y/n dove to the pale haired boy. Swerving around the furious merepeople, she untied him. Y/n held onto his waist and headed towards the surface. Drowning seemed dreadful at the moment and she wasn't sure how long the enchantment would last. Y/n burst through the water and felt two arms wrap around her. She faced Draco and helped him up to the platform. Draco turned and offered her his hand. Y/n reached out before peering at her legs...or the tail which had replaced her legs. It hadn't worn off. She lifted herself up and sat next to Draco and Blaise while the twins danced around them.

"Y/n, y/n no one can beat her"

"Krum, krum so slow you're better off a beater"

Y/n shook her head at the boys and dried off using her towel. They all headed back to the castle and sang the whole way with y/n perched upon the twins shoulders.

(It's been so long since I updated. 😬)

-Sweetandssour