A Proposal

The Great hall buzzed with students gossiping, as y/n searched for her friends she caught majority of the students words.Harry was once again the topic of the school's conversations. The girl sat down in front of her friends, Hermione was already planning the weekend trip to Hogsmeade. Y/n's eyes dropped slowly as she brought a piece of toast to her lips, the OWLs were coming up and she couldn't keep up with her teacher's copious amounts of homework. She finally awoke from her sleepy state as Angelina Johnson stormed towards the group.

"Harry! How are you going to come to the quidditch tryouts if your stuck in a crusty room with Umbridge for detention?"

Y/n simply sipped her tea and stared wide eyed at the scene before her, shooting Angelina a sympathetic smile as she stormed off.

"Hey y/n you coming to the tryouts to watch me Tomorrow ?"

Cormac slid his arm onto her shoulders and took a slice of toast from the basket. Y/n grunted slightly as she waited for the caffeine to seep into her body and slap her out of her tired state. Draco and Blaise appeared seemingly out of nowhere and sat down on either side of the dazed girl, simultaneously pushing Cornac out of the way and onto the hard floor of the dining hall. The sudden intrusion of her personal space caused her to be startled awake. She slightly sat up and reached out a hand to help him up. He grabbed it and walked to the opposite side of the table, reluctantly sitting there instead.

"So are you going to Hogsmeade today?"

Y/n turned to Draco and nodded, quickly swallowing the orange juice in her mouth.

"S-so do you wanna go with me?"

A light blush dusted the usually prideful boys face, before y/n could reply, Hermione looked at the two.

"Sorry Draco but your date is going to have to wait. I need Y/n to help me with a project"

All of the conversation at their table ceased at the mention of a date and Eyes glared into Draco's platinum blonde hair. Professor Mcgonagall called for the departing students and Hermione whisked the girl away from her plate full of food towards the gathering students, briefly stopping to mark their names off.

Y/n sipped at her butterbeer as Hermione stabbed her finger roughly into the pages of her notebook.

"So if we could just convince Harry..."

Y/n's attention was whisked away as Cormac and a group of his friends loudly entered the small shop. He locked eyes with the girl and began walking towards the pair.

"Ladies, how are you?"

The two girls shot an awkward smile to the intruding boy.

"Hey Cormac"

"Do you guys wanna hang out with me and my friends?"

Hermione began to push the male off of the seat as she ushered him away.

"Maybe next time"

He turned with a shocked look on his face and trudged towards his friends.

" He May be good looking but damn does that boy get on my nerves"

Y/n nodded her head in agreement chuckling slightly.

" so when should we do this? Umbridge is getting on my nerves and I need to perform a spell before I go crazy"

Hermione smiled with a mischievous glint present in her eye, she took out her parchment and began scrawling out a plan on how to approach Harry. The plan which was promptly thrown away by Y/n.

" why don't we just go ask him?"

" because that's the normal thing to do"

Y/n shook her head before grabbing a hold of Hermione's arm dragging her towards the sweet shop. They entered into the colourful store peering down the aisles until they came across Harry and Ron. Dragging them out into the streets, the two girls began explaining their plan.

"No."
"N- What do you mean no?!"

The back and forth banter of Hermione and Harry continued as Ron and Y/n shared a bag of sweets alongside them.

" so how long do you think it's is gonna take?"

Y/n thought for a moment

" probably another hour at the least"

(A/n Thanks for reading. The posting of chapters might be slower sorry)