No magic?

Time skip to beginning of the school year (˘³˘)

(A/n PLEASE READ. i wasn't going to continue this story but all of your funny comments just made me want to continue. Also I noticed a couple comments under a paragraph with cho in it, i do understand the frustration with her character as that was how I intended for her to come across. However, please do not write comments with phrases such as Ching Chong ling etc. I had to delete a couple. Although it seems like a simple string of words I, as an asian, have experienced ill-intended remarks that have made me feel bad about my race. Most of which included some form of name calling similar to that above. So thank you all so much for interacting with my story, but if you could please refrain from commenting these sorts of things. Thx.)

Y/n sat beside Hermione as Dumbledore explains the basic rules to the new first years. The girl finally looked up as he introduced a stout woman dressed head to toe in a ghastly shade of pink.

"And this year's new Defense against the dark arts teacher will be professor Umbridge"

Professor Umbridge rose from her seat and sauntered forward.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

Her nasally voice caused y/n to slightly shiver. The thought of having her as a défense against the dark arts teacher almost making her gag. The girl turned to face the table as the food appeared, a smile graced her face as she stared at the feast. There was absolutely nothing a good meal couldn't fix.

Next morning

Hermione shook her head as she peered at the girl before her, tangled up in the sheets of her bed, she had tried to wake her before heading off to breakfast and returning to retrieve her friend for their lessons. Y/n on the other hand was in pure bliss before her friend decided to throw her off the bed onto the hard wooden floor. Y/n pushed herself off of the floor and sent a glare towards Hermione, actions similar to that of an angry cat. They bickered as they ran towards their potions class, both afraid of the slick haired professor. The class turned to face the duo as they burst through the doors slightly panting. Snape lifted an eyebrow,

"And why might you be late Miss Granger and Miss L/n?"

Before Hermione could reply Y/n stepped forward

"Sorry sir it was my fault I slept in late and Hermione was just trying to wake me up"

They held their breath in suspense as Snape decided their fate.

"Well what are you waiting for get to your seats"

A relieved sigh left their lungs and they separated ways, Hermione sitting next to Ron and Y/n next to Blaise. He looked at her before reaching into his bag and pulling out what seemed to be a crumpled piece of napkin. He quietly placed it in front of her slouched figure. She looked at it in a confused manner and looked back at the Slytherin

"Well, open it"

Y/n carefully opened the napkin, inside was a makeshift breakfast sandwich made from eggs and bacon stuck between two slices of golden toast. The girl's face lit up at the sight of food.

"I saw you weren't at breakfast and assumed you were still sleeping"

Y/n thanked him before secretly eating it. Somehow Snape hadn't caught on to what was making the damp dungeons smell of food.

As Professor Snape finished droning on about potions, y/n gathered her belongings and bounded over to Hermione. Together they headed to their Defense against the Dark arts class. As they arrived they saw ProffessorUmbridge Umbridge at the front of the class humming to herself. They quickly seated themselves before retrieving their books. Professor Umbridge had other ideas. She went around handing out new textbooks,

"You may all put your wands away and start reading from chapter 1"

Y/n slightly cringed at her shrill voice before looking down at the book in front of her. It seemed to contain basic spells which would be no help whatsoever in combat situations. The confuse girl raise her hand,

"Professor, shouldn't we be learning something more practical"

Umbridge adorned a fake smile trying to hide her annoyance.

"Miss l/n, are you questioning my teaching"

Before she could answer, Harry butted in starting a mini war between him and Umbridge. Umbridge's lips still held their sickly form as she smiled down at Harry,

"Mr Potter please report for detention tonight"

Y/n placed her hand onto harry's shoulder and sent a reassuring look his way. Stopping him from causing further damage.

Y/n picked at her food as she listened to Harry ranting about Professor Umbridge. Once he had wrapped up his rant on the she devil dressed like an elderly grandmother, Hermione whispered in hushed tones about her new idea. Y/n swept her hair behind her ear as an enchanted piece of paper carefully folded into the shape of a bird began swooping towards her, landing on her cutlery. Before she could pick up the delicate creature to examine it, grubby fingers snatched the paper from her grasp and caused a slight squeak to emit from her mouth. Professor Umbridge held the note in her hand and swivelled her head around, lips in a pout looking for the culprit. Her heady eyes landed on the twins as they sent winks and slight chuckles at y/n, unaware of the glaring figure residing a metre in front of the American student. Umbridge's squeaky coughs finally caught the boy's attention and they transferred they eyes to the stout woman, a slight look of disgust painted over their faces.

"No magic is to be performed in the dining hall, this is a warning for both of you"

Fred and George began to argue as outrage filled them,

"Since when?!"

The smug woman turned to Filch and whispered in his ear, causing him to immediately take action and swiftly leave the dining hall. Y/n shot a sympathetic smile at the twins and turned to Hermione who hadn't stopped for a breath since the beginning of her brainstorming.