The Destiny of Ethan King

I would like to dedicate this book to my beautiful nephew Owen who is less than two weeks old at the time of writing. 

I look forward to many adventures together!

This story is also for those who – despite being labelled as dreamers and ridiculed for their fantasies – continue to envision a better world; a world in which every single person is free to explore his or her potential; a world in which we respect this precious and deliciously fragile ball of rock on which we are born and on which we die; a world that is balanced and whole and vibrant.

"Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone; for heroes of all time have gone before us; the labyrinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero-path. And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world." 

~ Joseph Campbell, 'Hero with a Thousand Faces'

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

I am lucky enough to know a few people whose feedback and/or keen eye I trust. Thank you to those people for their support, time, effort, honesty and faith in me and my attempt to write my first novel. Their hard work proofreading and giving detailed feedback on early drafts really helped to shape this story. I take full responsibility for any remaining errors – typing or otherwise. 

Special thanks to Irene, Aleksander and Rawn for their input at various stages of this project. Also, to Kath from the Goodreads website whose proofreading skills are second to none. 

Copyright 2014 Martin Cosgrove

Published by Right Elements Press

Available in paperback and ebook formats. 

www.martincosgrove.com