CHAPTER 1

Percy never imagined that his future would turn out so bad.

He'd always imagined a peaceful life at Camp Half-Blood, or even dying fighting Gaia. But nothing like what he was about to experience today.

He looked around as everything went past him in a blur. He couldn't make out what was happening. Blinding lights flashed past him. He couldn't remember a thing. Even worse, he couldn't remember his own name...okay, that was scary. He was a total stranger to himself.

Then the blur of white and blue lights suddenly stopped. He realized he was in a giant metal cage that was painted red. It jerked to a halt, leaving Percy staring at the never-ending darkness which stretched out in front of him. He heard shouts from above him, and watched as a thick rope made of ivy was lowered down into the cage. Two men held on to the rope as it descended slowly.

"Got him!" One of the men shouted. Cheers erupted from above the cage.

"Name's Alby. Come on, Greenie, we gotta get ya out this thing." A dark skinned boy held out his hand and gestured for Percy to grab onto it. Percy hesitated for a moment before taking his hand. The boy, Alby, gave the rope a light tug, and they went up. Percy looked around. "Who are you guys?" He asked immediately, his mind overflowing with curiosity.

"Welcome to the Glade, Greenie." A boy greeted him.

"The Glade?" Percy wondered if he'd heard right.

"Yeah, shank." Another boy said. They all looked around Percy's age - sixteen to eighteen, probably, the oldest maybe just a young adult, around twenty. They stared at him, some commenting on his looks. The way they'd called him 'shank' and 'Greenie'...Percy felt as if he was in another world. What were they even talking about?

"Lunch time, guys! C'mon, ya shanks!" Someone shouted. Percy felt his stomach rumble, and decided to follow the crowd rushing past him.