Day 05 - Domestic

Roughly a year ago, if people wanted to find or meet Jiang Cheng, they would try to go directly to Lotus Pier, which is Yunmeng Jiang Sect's main residence. If they failed to find the sect leader there, they would try their luck at Koi Tower, where Jiang Cheng usually went to visit his nephew. However, now, people would have to add one more place on their list should they have some business with the Sect Leader of Yunmeng Jiang Sect: Cloud Recesses.

The wind blew peacefully, swaying everything that passed along with it. Jiang Cheng stood near the rabbit mound in Cloud Recesses as he let his purple ribbon danced along with the wind. He closed his eyes as, losing himself in his own world. Destiny was truly funny in Jiang Cheng's opinion. A year ago, he was so reluctant to come here, but now, he was already so familiar with the place. Now, instead of being greeted by a pair or more widened eyes first and some bows next, Jiang Cheng was greeted by bows immediately as if the Lan disciples were already expecting his visit even though he sometimes came unannounced.

He had some reasons, though, why these past few months Cloud Recesses had become one of his favourite places to visit. First, his nephew was as close as ever, if not closer, with those two Lan disciples whom he later knew as Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi from Lan Xichen. Jin Ling loved going on night-hunt sessions or solving cases with these two, so Jiang Cheng decided to wait for his nephew in Cloud Recesses instead of Koi Tower. Not only that the scenery was obviously more calming in Cloud Recesses, but he could also see his nephew's condition right after he finished whatever mission he was working on.

The second reason was...Wei Wuxian. However, despite being in the same place quite often, Jiang Cheng still hadn't found the courage to just drag that idiot and sat down with him to talk. He kept coming back to Gusu as if giving himself the countless "try again" and ended up failing every time. Not to mention that Wei Wuxian would spend most of his time being with either the Lan disciples or Lan Wangji.

The third and final reason was none other than the sect leader of Gusu Lan Sect. Ever since that trip Lan Xichen took almost a year ago to Yunmeng, these two sect leaders grew closer and closer with each other. In fact, around two months ago, when Lan Xichen planned to officially leave his seclusion, Jiang Cheng was the first person he talked to instead of his uncle or his brother.

"Wanyin, I think I'll announce that I'm leaving my seclusion next week," Lan Xichen said all of a sudden as if he purposefully dropped the bomb simply to see Jiang Cheng's surprised expression.

Jiang Cheng, who was drinking his tea in hanshi, choked on the tea. Thankfully, the tea had cooled down that he burnt neither his tongue nor his throat. He, however, almost spilled some of the tea onto his uniform, causing Lan Xichen worriedly approached him to check his condition. "Oh? All of a sudden?"

Lan Xichen smiled when he saw Jiang Cheng was okay. "It shouldn't be a surprise for the sect, though, since they already see me going on night-hunts again with you these past few months." He then took the seat not too far from Jiang Cheng. "Also, I think I'm okay now all thanks to you."

The teacup on Jiang Cheng's hand now was back on the table. "Why me?" Jiang Cheng asked as he raised one of his eyebrows.

"Not only you let me come along with you on your usual night-hunt sessions, but you also always help me whenever I need you." Lan Xichen took his own cup and took a sip. The last few months had been so kind to Lan Xichen in his opinion. He managed to befriend someone unexpected who always had his back. "So, of course, it was all thanks to you, Wanyin."

Hearing Lan Xichen's explanation made Jiang Cheng happy. However, he didn't think what Lan Xichen said was true. "That's your own power and will," Jiang Cheng replied as he looked at Lan Xichen. "I mean, you could always reject my invitation, but you chose to come along. That's your will."