Day 07 - Confession feat "Another Side of You"

Days and weeks that followed the drunken event were pretty agonising, especially for Jiang Cheng. Not only he hadn't resolved the problem with having difficulties in talking to Wei Wuxian, but he also now had a new problem: did he like Lan Xichen? Well, sure, of course, he liked him, but in that way? The fact that Lan Xichen let him be his friend now was already something Jiang Cheng felt grateful for. Was he even good enough for Lan Xichen? Him? Someone who still had troubles to talk to his own brother? True, now Jiang Cheng could at least stop insulting Wei Wuxian whenever they met in Cloud Recesses, but that was still not enough for Jiang Cheng if he could be honest.

Now, with Lan Xichen being constantly in his mind as well, Jiang Cheng had been trying his best to distract his own thoughts. He wanted to stop thinking about Lan Xichen and the hug... and, well, Lan Xichen . The only two times he succeeded were when he was training his disciples and when he was spending time with Jin Ling. However, he couldn't spend all the time in Koi Tower nor could he follow Jin Ling everywhere; hence, the so-called 'Hell Training Session' for Yunmeng Jiang Sect's disciples had begun for at least two weeks now.

"HIGHER! RAISE IT HIGHER!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WAITING TO BE KILLED?"

"YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO KILL EVEN A LOW-LEVEL YAO WITH THAT KIND OF SKILL!"

"I DON'T REMEMBER SIGNING UP TO TRAIN A BUNCH OF MEEK IN THE PAST! ARE YOU GUYS SLACKING OFF WHEN I'M NOT LOOKING?!"

"I'LL KICK YOUR ASS TO THE POND IF THAT HELPS YOU WAKE UP. USE YOUR SWORD!!!"

"FOCUS!!!"

Jiang Cheng stood in the middle of the training ground with his hands folded, watching his disciples train. Jiang Cheng's scoldings which echoed every single day now was a common thing for the disciples. Just when the disciples thought their Sect Leader finally grew slightly softer compared to last year, the said Sect Leader grew even more stern. It felt just as if they jinxed their luck. Just when Jiang Cheng was about to open his mouth again, a voice called out his name.

"Wanyin."

Jiang Cheng turned around and he felt the scowl on his face softened rapidly. This was too agonising. He was both happy and annoyed. He was annoyed not because of Lan Xichen, but because he felt too happy hearing that voice again. ' Why am I-- damn it!' Jiang Cheng cursed himself silently. "Xichen-Xiong." However, when he suddenly heard his disciples let out a relieved sigh, he turned around at them again. "Did I hear a sigh? If you can sigh, train harder!" His scowl, which was softened a second ago, made a come back immediately.

Lan Xichen smiled when he heard Jiang Cheng's scolding towards his disciples. He was already used to hearing Jiang Cheng's harsh tone over the months that he didn't grow that nervous anymore when he saw Jiang Cheng's scowl. "Wanyin, how long have you been training them today?" He had visited Lotus Pier often enough to know that usually the training session must have ended about an hour ago.

"They've been slacking off these days, so I add their quota," Jiang Cheng replied with a huff. "Who told you to stop moving?!"

Glancing at Yunmeng Jiang disciples who were looking at him pleadingly, Lan Xichen smiled once again as he put his hand on Jiang Cheng's shoulder. "But you won't achieve an effective result if they are too exhausted."

Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Xichen and then to his disciples, who tried to lower their gazes as quick as the could, then back at the smiling Lan Xichen. "Did you guys really just ask for his help?" However, what Lan Xichen said was not wrong. When he took another look at his disciples, Jiang Cheng noticed how worn out they already were. Receiving many murmuring saying "sorry, Sect Leader" from his disciples, Jiang Cheng sighed. "Fine, rest for the day. Remember, I'm not reducing the quota tomorrow."