The Special

This is the super fluffy one shot I promised for you guys getting this book to 2k reads. If you like the book, be sure to vote and tell your friends about it so we can get to 3k and beyond! Each time we hit an additional 1k reads I'll have something special to give you so stay tuned! Anyways... as promised... fluff!

This is just going to be a classic x reader because it has to be general enough so... yeah... but... enjoy!

"Hey Paps, where's Sans?" You asked the tall skeleton who stood in the kitchen preparing... something. It smelled like burnt glue. You thought it was supposed to be spaghetti.
"Hm, now that you mention it, I have not seen that lazybones anywhere! Maybe check Grillby's?" He told you. His apron read "Kiss the Cook", but you'd rather not.
"Good idea, thanks Paps!" You waved him goodbye as you grabbed your coat and boots and headed out into the cold.
(You're outfit [any color{s} you want it to be])

It was snowing lightly so you grabbed your hat as well

It was snowing lightly so you grabbed your hat as well. On your way to Grillby's, you were  stopped by Monster Kid.
"Hey, (Y/N)! Guess what?" He asked excitedly.
"What is it MK?" You asked giggling.
"I got a cool new hat!" He turned around and pulled a blue hat with his name embroidered on it from behind his back. The top had holes cut out for his scales to poke through. It was pretty cute, but unfortunately you were in a time sensitive situation.
"Aw, that's awesome MK! Sorry though, I have to go. I'm looking for Sans. Have you seen him?" You asked him.
"Hm... no... that's weird... he's usually around here... I hope nothing bad happened!" He looked worried after a moment.
"Hm... well, I'm going to look for him. Can I ask you to do something reeeally important?" You smiled at him.
"Yeah! What is it?" He asked excitedly.
"Stay here and tell me if you see him or if you find someone who knows where he is ok?" You rubbed his head.
"Ok! Bye! Good luck!" He chimed.
"Thanks MK," you waved and continued on your way to Grillby's.
You made it to the bar and opened the doors, happy to feel the warmth of the place. It was a nice contrast from the freezing snow outside. However, when you looked around the small building, there was no Sans to be found. You walked up to a random group of monsters who were sitting at a table near the jukebox.
"Hey, you guys know Sans the Skeleton right?" You asked.
"Yeah? What about 'im?" One of the monsters asked slightly defensively.
"U-um... ahem... have.. you seen him?" You asked, trying not to take their attitudes too hard.
"I ain't seen that clown," another monster said harshly.
You got angry then. You grabbed the collar of the monster's shirt.
With venom in your voice you said through your teeth, "He is NOT a clown. You're just a JERK!" You threw him against the back of his chair and glared at him as you walked away. You went up to the counter and took a seat.
"Ah, hello (Y/N), how are you?" Grillby asked, holding his usual cup and rag as always.
"Eh... I'm looking for Sans. Have you seen him?" Grillby averted his gaze for a moment before shaking his head.
"Hm. Well, thanks anyways," you smiled warmly but slightly sadly.
"Can I get you something warm to drink while you search?" He asked.
"Yeah... I guess (F/H/D fav hot drink) sounds pretty good right now," you smiled as Grillby went back into the kitchen and walked back out a moment later with a mug of steaming liquid.
"Anything else?" He asked.
"Not that I can think of. Thanks Grillbz, see ya!" You took your mug and went out to continue searching. You looked into the woods and saw a small light gently glowing from deep within them.
'That's odd,' you thought, as you turned and began walking towards the glow. After a minute or two, you came to a small clearing. There were softly glowing echo flowers surrounding a beautiful swing decorated with frost covered flowers and vines. You took a seat as the flowers began to echo (yes that's on purpose) a voice you recognized. The voice started with a sigh.
"Man, this blows doesn't it? Did all of this for 'er an' I don't even got the guts to tell her. I'm an idiot, heh. Guess I'll just hide until somebody finds this an' hears this message. As much as I wish it was her, I know she probably won't even notice I'm gone. Geez, now I sound like a real bonehead huh? Heheh, welp, off I go. If you're hearin' this, I'm at Mettaton's hotel. It's far but... I know a shortcut. Heheheh," the voice chuckled and snow crunching footsteps echoed from the flowers' petals.
"Hm... Mettaton's hotel huh? Welp, I've been looking for Sans and now I know where he is, guess I'll go get him..." you said to yourself. You giggled when the flowers echoed your voice quietly. You started to walk away, snow gently crunching under your boots.

You arrived at the hotel. It took about a half hour to walk but you'd done a lot of walking since you'd arrived in the underground so you were used to it. You walked into the restaurant portion of the building and, as expected, you saw Sans sitting at a table in the corner, poking at a glamburger he had in front of him. You smiled softly and walked over, sitting across from him.
"Hey," you greeted casually.
"(Y-Y/N)? How'd you know I was here? Unless you heard the-," he stopped, cheekbones turning a light blue as he stared at you expectantly.
"The echo flowers? Yeah I heard them. Who was it that you set all that stuff up for anyways?" You asked obliviously.
"You don't already know?" He asked, seeming to calm down.
"Um... no... am I... supposed to know?" You asked, getting suspicious and curious all at the same time.
"N-no-! I mean... no you... it's unimportant anyways..." he averted his gaze before looking back up at you.
"Okay then," you didn't want to push any answers out of him as he seemed uncomfortable with the topic.
"So... why'd you come here?" You asked, changing the subject and breaking the uncomfortable silence that had settled between the two of you.
"Eh... I just... needed to have some time alone..." he said and you thought he was implying that he didn't want you there so you spoke up.
"Oh... I understand... I'll leave you alone then... bye," you smiled and started to get up when you felt your wrist being grabbed and tugged gently.
"N-no... I... I'm glad you're here..." he said, blushing and smiling as you sat back down.
"Well okay... but can we go somewhere more quiet? I feel like Mettaton's filming us from some plant or something haha," you giggled as Sans stood up and you both walked outside the hotel and sat on a bench that was outside.
"So... Y'know what I said back there... about the flowers being unimportant?" You were surprised he was bringing this back up.
"Yeah... why?" You asked.
"Well... that girl I was talkin' about was you..." he said, laying a hand behind his neck and looking down.
"Oh... what was it you'd wanted me to know then?" You asked trying not to seem too pushy.
"Take my hand and I'll show ya," he smiled, winking as he stood up and held out his hand. You blushed and took hold of it as he teleported the both of you back to the clearing.
"This was meant for you Y'know..." he looked away once again, not letting go of your hand as his cheeks glowed a subtle blue. You let him hold your hand as it didn't really bother you.
"Well... I don't understand why you did all this for me anyways, I'm not special or anything," you smiled and laughed lightheartedly as he looked at you sadly.
"That's not true! The whole reason I did this is because you are SO special to me! I... I love you!" He said all in one breath. Blushing madly and awaiting a response as he looked down at the snow covered ground.
"Sans... you're too cute..." you smiled blushing, watching him look down at you with an even worse blush.
"N-no... that's totally you..." he grinned.
"Well, in any case, I love ya too ya bonehead," you grinned back and the two of you laughed.
"Y'know... from this clearing I bet we could see some really pretty stars," you said, sitting in the snow and patting the spot beside you. He sat next to you and you both plopped onto your backs. You felt him gently grasp your hand. With your free hand you started pointing out the constellations above you.
"Look! The Big Dipper!" You giggled and looked over to see Sans hadn't been looking at the stars, but at you.
"Y'know what?" He asked.
"What?" You echoed.
"I don't care about those stars," he smiled.
"What? Why? They're beautiful," your smile faded into a straight face of disbelief.
"Because you're more beautiful than any star in the whole galaxy," he smirked as you snorted a laugh.
"Pffft, that's so cheesy!" You laughed like an idiot.
"Yeah I know....But it's the truth," he smiled as he pressed his teeth to your cheek. Blushing, you sat up, and pulled him up with you.
"C'mon ya doofus,

Let's go to Grillby's," you smiled and walked to Grillby's, hand in hand.

Ok guys I'm done. This took a solid three hours to write and edit but we did it! So.... I hope you all got the fluff you needed because I'm gonna need a short break. I've got a request or two to work on but it will probably be a day or two. Anyways, thank you guys SO much for 2k reads. From the bottom of my heart. Like, I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for all of you so thanks again and I'll see you guys later! Bye!