The Last Part (Sans x Self-Harm!Reader)

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ONE SHOT CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY TRIGGER SOME INDIVIDUALS. THERE WILL BE GORE, DEPRESSION, SELF HARM, AND THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE. IF YOU ARE BOT COMFORTABLE WITH THESE TOPICS, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS SECTION. THANK YOU.

Anyways, this was requested. I know I said this book is finished, and I promise, after this one, it is. THIS IS THE LAST ONE SHOT I WILL WROTE FOR THIS BOOK. However, I will happily take requests or ideas for a NEW book! Yay! Anyways, enjoy the final part.

First Person: Reader

A deep breath. I mentally prepare for another day. I get up, as painful as it is, and walk to the kitchen where my beautiful adoptive mother is preparing breakfast. Toriel really is something.
"(Y/N)! You're awake! Come my child, I have made cinnamon butterscotch PANCAKES today!" She smiles. It's something I haven't genuinely done in a long time. I take the plate of food, but I'm not hungry.
"I think I'm gonna eat this while I go out for a walk, if that's okay," I point at the plate, then the door, and watch as Toriel follows my gestures and gently nods her head with a softened smile.

I shove the large purple doors I've grown accustomed to wide open, feeling the cold hit my face. Luckily, I'm wearing a thick coat, jeans, and fluffy boots, so my face is the only thing bothered by the frosty air. I listen to my footsteps, Snowdin is so quiet and peaceful. It doesn't calm the thoughts in my head though. I continue walking. Finally, a house, large, and made of wood, with traces of greenery left up from Christmas. The skeletons' house. I knock, like I do almost every time, and I am met with the coolest monster around.
"Human! Hello! What are you doing here so early?" He talks loudly, but it's not out of the ordinary.
"Um..." I try to conjure up an excuse. "Tori made these pancakes and she asked me to deliver some to you..." Good enough.
"Ah! I see! Well then, I will take them inside! Would you like to stay over for a bit?" I decided it was cold enough, so I simply nodded, faking another smile. As soon as the door shut behind me my body filled with the warmth of the home. A little fire burned in a fireplace, the sofa was worn, but comfortable. The kitchen had a small kettle of tea brewing, I assumed undyne had recently visited. Then I saw him.
"Heya kid. How's it going?" Sans. My crush. How long has it been? Two years? Too bad some things are just not meant to be.
"Oh y'know, the usual..." I tried sounding casual. I couldn't tell anyone, especially not him. Not today, anyways.
"You sure? You look kinda pale." Of course he'd bring that up. He does know me best after all...
"Oh just the cold I guess," I lie. It's the only way I can keep this up.
"Alright..." I can tell he's not buying it, but for now, he chooses not to pry. I appreciate that.
"I Uh... need to use the bathroom..." I feel an urge. It hurts. I want to cry. I feel the anxiety, the depression. I don't know why... but.. just being with him knowing we're only ever going to be friends hurts... so much... without warning I run to the bathroom upstairs. I shut and lock the door tight. I take the shiny metal piece out of my pocket and look at it. Dried blood paints its edge. But the top, where I hold it, aside from a few fingerprints, is shiny as can be. I begin to tear up. I lift my sleeve, revealing dozens of scars. "He loves me..." nothing. "he loves me not..." I press the blade into my wrist and watch the rosy blood trickle down my hand. "He loves me..." again, I refrain. "He loves me not," another bloody slice. I continue until my left arm has about five cuts, each one larger and further up than the one before it.
'I hope I bleed out this time.'
'I just want it to end.'
'He'll never love me.'
'I just want to d-,'
A knock.
"..."
Another one.
"..."
A voice.
"Hey uh... kid? You've been in there for a while.. you okay?" It's him. I can't respond, I'm crying, and my throat is sore from the sniffling I've been doing.
"..." I hold my silence.
"Kid? C'mon (Y/N) this isn't funny."
It's not. I know it's wrong... I hold the blade with a firm grip, and without thought I slice open my ankle.
"Khhhhh-," I suck the air through my teeth. This feeling... it's different. Worse. I've never cut anywhere outside my arms.
"Kid?! Kid if you don't open this door I'm coming in-,"
I shove the blade deep into my thigh. I cut through my jeans. It doesn't matter anymore. Blood seeps up through the cut and soaks every inch of jeans it touches.
"Ah-OW!" I scream. This pain. It's so much worse than I could've imagined. He hears me. It's over.
"Alright that's it!" Oh god...
BAM!
He kicks the door open. There I am, on the tile, blood soaking my clothing, and still spilling out of every gash on my arm and leg. I'm still crying. I can't see. Everything goes numb, and all I see is his face.
"K-kid?! Stay with me, please, I'll... here... let me help... just..." his voice fades as I lose touch with reality. Then I feel something. It's a feeling of warmth. I see two lights. One, is blue. The other, white. I know what's happening. Sans is healing my body. He is the blue light. If I go to it, I will continue living this awful life. If I choose white, I will go to heaven in peace. After a moment, I've made up my mind.

"Kid? Kid! There you are! Please be okay..."
My eyes flicker open. Above me is sans. He's crying, and he's holding me. My cuts are still there, but they no longer bleed. My physical body is healed. My head still swirls with thoughts though. The most prominent is that my crush is holding me in his arms... he's warm... I resist the urge to confess right there. He's been staring this entire time. As I realize this a cherry red engulfs my cheeks. I try my best to hide it. Finally he breaks the silence that has settled between us.

"Kid... why would you do something like this?" He has the saddest look on his face.
My throat is dry, I cant say anything. I just look up at him as tears fill my eyes.
"..."
"Y'know what? Nevermind. I need to tell you something."
I look back up and see his face turning a gentle blue. I stay silent as I await his next statement.
"Ki-(Y/N), I... love you.... I really, really do... and I know this is a bad time and you probably don't feel the same b-but I-," I cut him off. I grab him and hug him weakly. My arms are still drained and my body is weak so he's the one actually holding onto me, but I had initially proposed the gesture. We held it for at least a minute or two, just enjoying each other's company. Finally, he stood up, leaving me seated on the tile and he lifted me bridal style up into his arms and carried me to the sofa. He called Toriel and she came to finish healing me since Sans' powers could only do so much. After that, things felt perfect. Sans and I were together, papyrus supported us, and we were so happy. We loved each other and I never cut myself again after that. I was still depressed but therapy and antidepressants worked for that. Overall, I'm so glad I chose to keep living. How else would I have found this happiness?

THE END.

Yes guys that's it! The LAST ONESHOT I AM WRITING IN THIS BOOK. PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST ANY MORE ONESHOTS BECAUSE I WILL NOT WRITE THEM.

However...

If you would like to suggest an idea or a basis for a new book I can start, those can go into the comments below, or you can dm me. It's been a wild ride, I've loved writing for you guys, and I hope you've enjoyed everything.

Bye for now everyone!