new start

The day that followed Lane's birth was frenetic,even tought all the new mother needed was some sleep at that precise moment,but at that point the exhaustation would leave whenever she would look at her tiny daughter sleeping against her chest curled like a little frog. The morning after the birth of her daughter,She was awakened by a soft humming only to find Javier sitting on their bed and rocking Lane into his arms,her tiny head resting into her dad's chest, heavily asleep as he hummed a lullaby her mother didn't reconize.
"You're already up?" She asked,Javier nodded softly at his wife "how are you feeling,love?" He asked lovingly,keeping his tone low to not wake Lane. Lucky shrugged "i'm in pain,but i'm happy...look at this little miracle..." She said, moving lying down to her hip ; she sure had gotten hecks of curves in her body after the pregnancy. Her hips had to widen so that the baby could go trough them,her breasts were larger of course and she had a bit of a baby fat on her stomach,but that was likely to go back to its slim shape by itself.
Still Javier found her new shapes so beautiful,and hoped Lane would grow to be just as incredible as her mother.
•••
The new parents predicted the coming day would be full of committments,because Althea had already Lucky's family about the child.
Jim and Kate were the first ones to visit alongside with Cora,just at the time where Lane had fallen asleep onto her mom's chest.
"Sweetpea.." Jim had murmured gently "oh,she's precious..." Kate smiled lovingly at her step-daughter and step-granddaughter,caressing the baby's cheek with a finger "and what do we have here? Oh,you're grandma Kate's little kitten! Yes you are,my little cutie! Yes you are!" She cooed as Lane giggled at that silly voice,her small hands now jerking towards Kate in an attempt to grab her finger.
"Do you wanna hold her?" Lucky asked "c'mon,here she goes" and placed Lane into her stepmom's arms gently. Kate took the little budle of Joy carefully,rocking her gently and murmuring soft welcoming words. Javier smiled,wrapping an arm around his wife's shoulders as Kate gave the baby to Jim. Lucky's father took Lane with shaky arms and teary eyes "she's so beautiful..." He murmured,rocking his granddaughter ever so gently but his voice shaking a lot "hello there...it's grandpa Jim!" And at that,Cora was already sobbing with one hand over her mouth,her usually neat bun of blond hair now mixed with heavy gray stripes were disordered for the occasion. When her Brother finished cooing,She took her great-niece into her arms and sat down next to Lucky's bedside as if she was scared the baby would fall if she stood up. "Oh,she sure is a sight for sore eyes..." She murmured,looking at Lane as if she was the most precious thing in the world "what's her name,again?"
"Lane."
"A delightful choice for a beautiful little girl." She said "oh,she's going to be a Prescott indeed."
Lucky giggled,leaning her head on Javier's shoulder "She's a Bienvenidos too, Aunt Cora." She reminded her aunt "Lane Milagro Prescott Bienvenidos." Aunt Cora looked at her niece as did Jim,at the mention of his former wife. "Double last name,hm? We're keeping the family tradition" Cora said,and Lucky knew her father was pleased with his granddaughter having the name of the first woman he loved.

Three years later

Fortuna Prescott Bienvenidos braided her three year old daughter's thick and wavy hair into a soft and neat braid,letting It fall onto her back once finished "mama,why are goldfishes orange instead of gold?" Lane asked,sitting onto her mother's lap while Lucky still tried combing what seemed her own hair. Sometimes she really didn't know what to answer to those questions "well,it's because someone painted them Orange" She said out of the blue. Lane's brown eyes went wide "they did?"
"Yeah! Now hold still, sweetie...and done!" Her mom said "you like this braid?"
Lane nodded,resting her back against her mom's torso and looked around "mama,i'm gonna ride a horse one day? Like you did with Spirit!" Lucky ruffled her daughter's head lovingly ; now that his son was almost grown,Spirit was getting old and riding him was becoming difficoult,but still not impossible. Lane's father,Javier,had promised she would start riding a small pony soon. In those three years,Javier and Lucky's daughter was perfectly bilingual and could substain a conversation in perfect spanish with her father. Lucky caressed Lane's hair,then lifting her up "wanna go check if Johnny's okay,Lane?"
Johnny was their younger son so far,and he was still a baby. He had been born just a month before and was still so small ; Lucky had falled pregnant again two years after Lane was born and the pregnancy had went by smoothly,only the birth had been difficoult for both mother and son. Compared to Lane's,John Prescott Bienvenidos' birth had been very long and stressfull. Lucky had immediately reconized the pressure and had warned her husband ; It had been the middle of the night,and Javier had to call Althea. It really looked like,in contrast to his older sister,their second baby just wouldn't want to come out of there. And after a whole day of labor,Lucky found the strenght to push him out. Althea had been capable as always,and had wrapped the newborn in a soft blanket announcing "it's a boy!"
Javier,who had been there for the whole time,had been holding his wife's leg and back supporting her in every way and had of course started crying in seeing his son. Althea handed her the baby and Lucky had immediately started cooing to him "hi baby...hi,sweetie..." She murmured,caressing and kissing his small fists "i have been looking foward to meet you ..."
The newborn opened his eyes,they were his mom's color. "Hi handsome..." She cooed "i'm your mommy!"
•••
Lane absolutely loved her little Brother,and her parents were really happy with that.