Chapter 15. Mutiny

A loud, metallic grating cut through the night. Jungkook’s cabin door slammed loudly as it was shoved back along its railings and Jungkook sat up in bed, swearing. Light flooded the room and reflexively, Jungkook pulled the covers over himself, suddenly glad he’d needed a cigarette an hour earlier and half dressed himself.

“What the fuck?”

“Get up!

Jungkook rubbed his face, blinking as the group of soldiers in the doorway came into focus. He glanced over his shoulder to where Jimin lay still against the pillow beside him, his expression guarded, eyes wide. He looked nervous and Jungkook felt his stomach drop.

“Get up!” Hoseok repeated. 

Already he was crossing the room and Jungkook grabbed the sheets around himself, a growing irritation making him snap, “Are you fucking crazy? What the fuck are you doing in here?”

“What we should have done weeks ago,” Hoseok stated. He was at the side of Jungkook’s bed by now and without further ado, reached down to grab roughly at Jungkook’s arm.

Startled, Jungkook struggled to his feet, trying to pull away and shift between Hoseok and Jimin who was still huddled in the corner of his bed. 

“Get off me!” Jungkook yelled. “What the hell do you think you’re playing at, soldier?”

The pull of rank only made Hoseok sneer and he didn’t answer as he gestured over his shoulder to the men behind him. He jerked his head towards Jimin and two of the men stepped forward. A flash of fear shot through Jungkook.

“What are you doing?” he demanded, trying to shove Hoseok out of the way. He held his hand up at the men and they faltered a moment. “You’re out of fucking line!”

Suddenly, Hoseok shoved him hard, forcing Jungkook away from the bed and back against the locker beside it. “No,” he snarled. “You’re out of line!”

Beside them, Jimin squealed as the sheet was ripped away from him and he kicked out at the hands that tried to grab him. “Jungkook!” 

The danachi was pale and naked. He looked small and so vulnerable in the hands of the men that surrounded him and Jungkook’s gut clenched as he made a sound of protest.

“You’ve had that thing in here for weeks!” Hoseok was yelling before Jungkook could respond. “And done nothing! Wake up, Jungkook. The virus is here!”

“I know that!” Jungkook snapped, shoving back against the other man as Jimin was jerked to his feet by strong hands. “What the fuck, let him go!”

“Our men are dying!” Hoseok yelled, shoving him back. “Namjoon is dead!”

“What has that got to do with Jimin?” Jungkook demanded, shoving away the flash of grief he felt over the way Hoseok’s voice cracked. Finally, he managed to knock Hoseok out of the way enough to shove past him and grab Jimin around the waist, pulling him roughly away from the hands that held his arms. Jimin grunted and Jungkook glared at the soldier who refused to let him go.

“Stand down, private!” Jungkook growled. 

The soldier held fast, despite Jimin twisting, trying to pull free.

“What is this, a fucking mutiny?” Jungkook yelled. “Let him go!”

He felt hard impact against his right shoulder and pain shot through his side, causing his grip on Jimin to loosen. Almost immediately, Jimin was hauled from him, crying out and Jungkook lunged forward, his fingers sliding against Jimin’s before the danachi was yanked away.