I'm So Sorry (EDITED)

Trigger Warning

I guess... But I think this is sad so... SUFFER! Also, this takes place after Homecoming but before Infinty War.

Tony's POV

"Hey Pete, I just want to say..." I paused for a moment. "I'm s-sorry Petey, I wish I hadn't reacted to harshly," I looked at Peter, his motionless body mocking me, the usually rambling was gone, his breathing shallow and slow.

Flashback

I was working with Peter on his suit, trying to make a parachute that would dissolve in water because of the events of the Vulture. Peter looked like he was in deep thought, as if he was thinking of rather to say something or to not say something. "Hey kid, what's on your mind?" I asked. "Nothing, nothing important anyway," Peter said, not looking up from his work. I knew something was up but decided not to push him. "Hey kid, hand me the AV99," I said. AV99 was a very explosive liquid, kinda like gasoline but more dangerous and rare. "Hey boss, you might want to see this," Friday said as a video appeared on the screen. It showed a man with a bomber aviator jacket working at a table. Soon after a little bit Peter showed up with the AV99 in his hands. Once he saw the screen he froze. Spiderman showed up in the video a few seconds later. It looks like this was a security camera from the warehouse. A few minutes later listening to the dialogue, the Vulture's wings came flying in, destroying all of the support beams and causing the warehouse to collaspe on Spiderman. The video cuts right there and then. I looked at Peter with a serious face. "What the hell, Peter!" I yelled at him. "I can ex-explain Mr.Stark," "No Peter, why didn't you tell me, you know what, give me your suit!" I yelled. Peter just stood there. Frozen. "Did you not hear me! Give. Me. Your. Suit!" I yelled directly in Peter's face. I smacked him across the face. Then, I noticed he dropped the AV99. My eyes widened. "Mr. Stark!" Peter pushed me back as the AV99 exploded.

I looked around, the lab was destroyed but that was the least of my worries. "Peter! Where are you kid?!" I yelled as I stood up and continued to look around frantically. "Mr. S-Stark?" I heard the kid's raspy voice from under some debris. "Peter!" I ran over to the debris and tried to removed the rocks and metal covering the young boy's body. My eyes widened when I saw his entire torso was burned and his body had cuts and bruise everywhere. Rhodey and Pepper came running in but gasped when they saw Peter lying on the ground, cover in blood and ash. "Get the Med Bay ready!" I yelled and Pepper and Rhodey got to work.

End of Flashback

I wish I had just been a better father...

End of Part 1
Part 2 will be called Hate or Forgive
I will also take your request.