Chapter 1

[ Justin ]

"Do you really have to go?"
I feel an arm wrapping around my waist, pulling me back on the bed. I grin and lay down again, looking to my right.

"Yes, I do. Someone is waiting for me at home and you already had your minutes in heaven."
"But I thought you said you could stay here tonight."

She looks at me with puppy eyes, which she knows I can't resist. I kiss her lips one more time and get up.
"I know sweetheart, but I really have to go."
The girl sights and I hear her getting the sheets back onto the bed.
"If anything is broken, you will have to pay for it."

Quickly I put on my clothes, leave some cash for the stuff that broke and walk out of the door. I grab my car keys and get in, driving as fast as I can towards home. It's already eleven pm and I know for a fact that Alyys is worrying about where I am right now.

"Where the hell were you?"
I walk into our bedroom, where Alyys is already laying in bed. Slowly I put my bag on to the bed.

"I told you this morning, I was with hanging out with Alex. It just got a little bit late. You know, boys having fun, playing video games, all that stuff."
"No, you were not. I just called Alex because you weren't picking up. It turns out, you haven't talked for days to him!"

I close the door and walk to the bathroom. I watch her from the mirror, just to be sure.
"You called my friend to ask if I was even there? Don't you trust me anymore?"

Alyys stands up and begins to walk through the room.
"No, I don't! You are lying to me, Justin! Why are you always lying? Are you seeing someone else?"

I sigh and walk back into the room. Carefully I grab her hands I always do that when she's upset about something, she says it helps her calm down.
"Alyys, darling, of course I'm not seeing someone else. You know I love you right?"

She mumbles something and looks at our hands.
"I know, I know.. But you go early to work and you don't come back before eleven. I hope you understand that's a little suspicious?"
"Yes, I know. And I will try to get home earlier, but work is busy and the boss really needs me right now."

I let her hands go and take off my jeans. I am rehearsing the lies in my head so much that I don't notice when an unused condom falls out of my back pocket. Of course, Alyys did. Her eyes got big and she grabbed it as fast as she could from the floor.

"Justin, what the hell?! Where did you get this? These are definitely not ours!"
When I looked up, I knew I fucked up. Of course, I know that one isn't ours, that weird girl from this evening put it in my pocket. I quietly mumble some cuss words and sit down on the bed.

"Maybe it is? You bought the box of new ones, maybe you just got confused?"
"Don't lie to me, Justin! Why do you have this!"
"I have no idea, maybe I got if for free somewhere? Why don't you just come to bed and sleep, you had a tough day you said."

I know she will come to bed. She will always fall for me, she always does. She always believes my lies and everything I tell her. She's an easy target. She throws it on her desk and gets in bed again.
I put my arm around her and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"You know I love you right?"
I go over to her side of the bed.
"I know, you tell me that every day. I love you too."

She softly laughs and looks up. I know she still doesn't believe me yet. I lay my head on her shoulder.
"Good to know that you still love me."

I pinch her waist as a joke like we always do when we get out of an argument. She grabs my hand and puts it on the side. I know what's she's trying to do, but I already did enough with that other girl. I kiss her neck a few times, just on the right spots. I don't have to see it but I know she has closed her eyes.

"Well, I think we need to go to sleep."
I let her go and roll over to my side of the bed. She sights again and grabs my hand.
"That's not fair."

" It's late, and to be honest I'm not really in the mood."
To be honest I am.
"Fine.. If you promise that you are not avoiding it."

"No of course not. I'm just tired."
She gives me a kiss and lays down.
"Well, goodnight then."
"goodnight."

I wait until her breathing has become regularly and she has fallen asleep. Slowly I stand up and grab my phone. When it lights up I see a few missed texts, mostly from the girl and some other chicks who are constantly trying to get in touch again.

I grin as I think about all the lies I've already told Alyys. She's not that smart. How can she even believe me? Half of my lies are literally made up when in driving home from who knows which girls' house. I look over at her. She's laying there, so peacefully.

To be honest I hate this. But I can't help it. I get drunk and do stupid things. That's how I work. We both know she deserves a better boyfriend. But I know she can't leave me. She can't see the problems that I have. She's blinded by love.

I lay down again and look at the ceiling. Alyys turns around and lays her head against my shoulder. I let my hand run through her hair. I mean, yes she's not the smartest girl around. And maybe she's a little naive. But she is one of the sweetest girlfriends I've ever had.

She deserves so much better than me. I just want to skip this night and wake up, hoping she forgot this all. I close my eyes and wrap my arm around her, eventually falling asleep.