Chapter 5

[ Alyys ]

In this last hour, the toilet has become my best friend. I think everything I had this night, straight up came out. Thankfully I have Caleb who is an absolute darling and keeps my hair out of my face. I flush the toilet for the firth time and go sit on the ground. My throat hurts like crazy.

"Can this stop, please?" I have never felt more embarrassed then I do now. I'm even avoiding eye contact, that's how miserable I feel.

"I guess your body has some more stuff that needs to come out first," He is sitting next to me, holding my hand.

"But if I puke now, then my hangover will be less bad in the morning."
He only laughs a little and looks over at me. I can't go home like this, half drunk and sick. Justin and I would only end up in another fight and that's not what I need right now.

"Can I ask you for a favor?"
I let his hand go and I feel my stomach protesting again. I get over to the toilet again and I feel that Caleb is holding my hair again.

"Sure, what is it?"
There's a short pause. Mostly because I am trying to figure out if there is anything left that needs to get out. And if so, if that is going to happen.

"Can I stay at your place tonight? Only for this night.."

"Sure, it looks like you need some help." A small grin appears on his face, but I can't laugh about it. I feel too sick for that.

"Great, thanks."
I stand up and lean against the wall. I'm never doing this again, ever. My head starts to spin and my vision gets blurry. I place my hand over my mouth, hoping that this time would be the last.

Caleb sees me struggling and pulls me against him. His arms are wrapped around me and my head rests against his chest. "You'll be fine, the first big hangover is always the worst."

I close my eyes and sigh. To be honest I feel kind of save in his arms.
"I think I can walk now.." My eyes are open again and I look at the mess I made in the bathroom.

I want to say something about it, but Caleb interrupts me.
"They won't worry about the bathroom. It isn't the only place that will get dirty tonight."

Wait, what?
Before I can answer what he just said, we walk out of the bathroom. The loud music is back and I try to ignore the banging inside my head. Caleb keeps an arm wrapped around my waist as we look for Maddie.

She's probably getting more fucked up. Or getting fucked. One of those things. I wave at her when I see she's still sitting on the couch. Of course, she doesn't react, but I don't blame her.

I tap her on the shoulder and try to tell her that I'm going home, but she's to busy drinking and making out with some boy. She says goodbye and I walk back to Caleb.

"I got a 'goodbye' out of her, that's something." He smiles at me and we walk towards his car, which would normally take about a minute. Now I took us about five. I just can't keep my legs underneath me and they still feel like jelly. And I almost puked again, but let's forget that.

Caleb opens the door for me and I sit down. A relieved sigh leaves my mouth and try to relax a bit.
"Wait, you didn't drink, did you?"

"Trust me I've done that before. But no, I only had some soda."
He starts the car and drives to his home, trying to avoid most of the bumps in the road. I stare outside the window. We pass the beach and I smile a little.

The stars shine bright and I watch the moon disappearing behind the clouds, just to see it show up again after a few seconds.

I have almost fallen asleep when we arrive at his place. I can't remember his house being this big, but it could also be just my head making up things. I'm too tired to think about the last time I've been here. I get out of the car and walk to the door.

[ Caleb ]

I help Alyys get to the couch and give her a pillow.
"In case you want to sleep."
She smiles a little and lays down. I walk into the kitchen and grab a glass. Poor Aly, she probably regrets this so much. She didn't look comfortable at that party at all, I thought she was sick or something. I'm glad I could get her out of there. She doesn't seem like a part girl to me. I give her a glass of water.

"Here, drink up."
She shakes her head, quietly mumbling something about no more vodka.
"It's water, and you will be thanking me and yourself tomorrow morning if you drink some of this."

She reluctantly takes a sip. I grab the glass from her before she lets it fall. She might have puked out all of the alcohol in her stomach but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have it in her system anymore.

Actually, I could use some water too. I did drink some beer, not only sodas. But I couldn't tell her that. Then she would never let me drive, and she really needed to get to a place to sleep. I stand up and let her lay on the couch for a few more minutes. Even though I didn't drink that, much I can't have a hangover tomorrow. I need to help her.

"Do you think you can get up the stairs," I ask her from the kitchen. No response.
"Alyys?" Again, no response. I frown and walk into the living room. She did drink up all the water, but she has also fallen asleep on the couch. I shake my head and set the glass aside. Typical Alyys, just fall asleep.

I carefully lift her up and walk upstairs. On the way to my bedroom, she wakes up a couple of times but almost immediately after that she falls asleep again. Just when I walk into the room she wakes up again.

"Why did you move me, the couch was a good place to sleep.."
I put her down and she goes and sits on the bed.
"I will sleep on the couch, you can sleep here."
"What, no. I will sleep downstairs, this is your bed."

Without her noticing, she had already laid down. She tries to keep her eyes open but I know she is so tired. I grab the blanket and lay it over her.

"Go to sleep, ok? If you need anything just ask for it."
She nods and falls asleep after a few seconds. I sit down in one of the chairs that I have in my room. I'll just stay here for a few minutes, just to be sure that she's ok.

I take off my shoes and make myself more comfortable. She looks like she's doing ok, which I'm happy about. Closing my eyes for a second won't hurt anyone, right? I yawn and rub through my eyes. You need to stay awake Caleb.

But I can't help it. My eyes keep closing and I feel myself getting more and more tired by the minutes. Just a few minutes of sleep, then I will wake up again. I close my eyes and immediately fall into a deep sleep, which I stay in for hours.