Chapter 16

[ Alyys ]

I try to take off Caleb his sweater without making too much noise. It is early in the morning and I can't stay here any longer. I stand up and put on my own sweater, laying his back in the closet. The lights in the hallways are already on and doctors are walking around. I grab my jacket and stand up.

I look over at Caleb. He is still asleep, looking so peaceful. You would never think that he has been stabbed. By my boyfriend. The thought of Justin doing that makes me feel sick and I shiver. This place is already worse enough, I don't want to add anything to it. I open the door with as little sound as I can and make my way out. I greet a few doctors and get out of the building as fast as I can.

I'm almost outside when I see a woman getting inside the building. Her cheeks look red and swollen. Above her eye is a little cut and she is bleeding. Her long sleeves try to hide the bruises on her arms, but when she wipes away the blood they get revealed. Her eyes are red from all the tears.

I stop walking. I know this woman. Behind her I see a man walking towards her. He looks angry, very angry. He raised his fist, looking like he could punch her one more time. Besides me is standing a little girl. Tears fall down her cheeks and she is also looking at the woman. "Mommy?"

"Mom..."
I startle when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and a doctor is looking back at me, confused and a little worried. "Is everything ok?" When I nod my head I feel a tear falling down my cheek.

I tell her I'm fine and quickly wipe it away. I ignore the woman and walk away. I hate this stupid place. I hate everything about it, the way it gives me flashbacks and the smell. It was never a good idea to come here.

I take the bus and sit down by the window. I don't want to fight anymore. I want to go home, to Justin. I lean against the window, watching dark clouds pass by. I'm glad the rain has stopped. The warm weather is coming back, which I love.

Spending the whole day at the beach, talking about boys with Maddie or just chilling and eating at the beach restaurant with Justin. I hope he isn't mad at me anymore. I would love to spend another night with him on the beach.

I get out of the bus and walk to our home. Justin really has found the perfect place for us. It isn't too busy out here and we don't have a lot of cars passing us. If the sun is shining and there are no clouds we can see the sea from the balcony. I couldn't wish for a better place to live with him.

The lights are out and it looks dark inside. I knock on the door, hoping that he will answer the door and let me in. To be honest I'm kind of nervous. I just want to be with him again, in the same room. I look up when the door opens. A confused looking Justin is looking back at me.

"I thought you would stay a little longer with Maddie."
"I wanted to go home," Justin looks relieved when I say that.

I guess he wants me home too. He takes a step back so I can walk inside. The house feels warm and I'm surprised about the fact that it isn't one big mess inside.

"Why are your eyes red?"
I thought he wouldn't notice, but he did. I put my bag on a chair and lay my jacket beside it.
"It's nothing, I just visited Caleb in the hospital."

I turn my back to him. I don't want him to see me cry again, which will happen if he asks more questions. But instead, I feel two warm, trusting arms wrapping around my waist, pulling me against his chest. He lays his head on the mine and mumbles.

"One of those weird, in your head things again?"
I nod and close my eyes. This is where I feel safe, right in his arms.

He didn't ask me about it. About the thing in the hospital or why I visited Caleb. I'm glad he didn't because I would have no idea what to say. I lean against him. We stand for a few more minutes like this, just enjoying the moment.

"How about, tea and movies?"
"Deal. But you grab the tea and snacks."
Justin chuckles and lets go of me. I watch him walking to the kitchen, remembering why I have missed this. He really is the best person in the world.

I walk to the bedroom and pick out some comfy clothes, which most of the time consist of a sweater from Justin and a pair of joggers. I take a glance into the mirror and smile a little. His clothes are way too big but I don't care, they are warm and the best thing is that they smell like him.

I walk back and take place on the couch. Justin gives me a bowl filled with popcorn and places a big mug of tea in the table. Popcorn and tea, not the best combination but I don't care at this moment.

Justin takes place next to me and puts on the tv.
"Horror?"
"You really want me to not sleep tonight, don't you?" I laugh and give him a little push.
"Just kidding," He starts to laugh and clicks the horror movies away. "How about one of those bad romantic comedies?"

I know Justin hates those movies and would never suggest watching one, but I think he can feel that I need a good laugh. I agree and he puts on the first movie we can find.

I let my head rest onto his shoulder, in one hand holding the mug and with the other grabbing some popcorn occasionally. Justin I letting his fingers run through my hair and sometimes I feel a little kiss on my cheek. I start smiling and I feel his lips forming a smile too.

"I know you don't think these movies are interesting," I mumble when I feel his lips wander off.
"Mhm. But you are."

I start to giggle a little when I feel his lips against my neck. I shiver and close my eyes for a second. He places his hands on my hips, pulling me against him. I turn around and look at him. My mind goes blank, forgetting everything about the fight and even the kiss in the hospital. He looks back at me and smiles, mumbling.

"I have missed you. I didn't want to send you away, but..."
I gently push my finger onto his lips, making him stop talking.
"I know. It's fine, Justin."

I smile back and take away my finger. I can see a little grin has appeared on his face and I can't help but laugh a little. He moves his hands from my hips to my waist and pulls me even closer than I already was. His dark brown eyes make me fall in love with him again, wanting to go back to the first time we met.

But instead, I feel Justin pressing his lips against mine. While my mind is still wandering in wonderland, my body reacts to it like it always does. I let my hands run through his soft hair which has curled a little. His hair looks the best when his hair has little curls, but I know he hates it.

His hands carefully push away the blanket, pulling on the edge of my sweater. I take his upper lip between my teeth and I hear him groan, softly. I let go and he groans again when our tongues collide. My hands make their way down from his hair to his chest. I feel his cold hands on my back, making me shiver again.

We both startle at the sound of a doorbell. Shortly after that, a woman screams. We both start to laugh when we realize it wasn't our doorbell, but that the sound came from the movie. Justin pulls away his hands and wraps the blankets back around me.

"Maybe we should just watch the movie." He laughs and lays his head against mine. I nod my head and look at the screen.
"And save that for later." He mumbles against my neck. I open my mouth to answer but I stay silent, my skin still tingling from his touch.
"Deal."