Chapter 17

[ Justin ]

I listen to the soft breathing and the music from the movie. Alyys has fallen asleep while leaning against me. She looks so peaceful, but the only downside is that I now have pins and needles in my arm because of the way she lays.

I have tried moving my arm but almost everything she makes a sound and I do not want to wake her up right now. She looked really tired when she came home.

I am happy she's back. I have missed her so much these past days. But I kind of feel bad too. I felt so bad for sending her away, to Maddie, that I thought it would be a good idea to go and party. Of course, that didn't go as planned.

Lots of girls, alcohol and drinking games make behaving a lot more difficult. This one girl just kept being round me and almost begging me to fuck with her. My clothes still smell like that awful perfume she was wearing. I shouldn't do this anymore, the party's and betraying Alyys. But I can't help it.

With some effort and time, I can take my arm away from behind her. I shake it a little in the hope that the feeling stops soon. I try to be as quiet as I can and stand up. When I got back from the party I had the worst hangover ever.

I tried to get myself to the toilet but I was too late. The floor and chair became my victim and got a little dirty. The next day I decided it would a good idea if I just clean the whole house.

And it was needed. Everywhere were used mug and glasses, some half full with coffee. I found beer cans in the weirdest places, even one in the shower. I guess I lived those days not being sober a single minute. I hope I didn't do more stupid stuff and that it was only that girl at the party.

Alyys will sleep for an hour or two more I guess, so I decide to take a shower. I need to wash off all the beers and perfume. Otherwise, she might notice it. I grab a towel and let the shower get on a nice, warm temperature. I take off my clothes and have a quick look in the mirror.

That stupid girl gave me a hickey, right on a spot that you can't ignore, even though I told her not to. Thankfully it was only one. With a whole neck full of them I could never hide this from Alyys. I am glad she left the party after that, otherwise, it might end up differently.

I go stand under the shower and close my eyes. For a moment I think back of the shower I had with Alyys. I get goosebumps from the memory, even though the hot water is falling down on me. Only imagining her again, here with me, makes my mind go crazy. I try not to think about her and the stuff too much.

I grab some soap and try to get the fragrance off my body. She would definitely notice that and I don't want to have another fight with her. The water falling down makes too much noise for me to notice that Alyys has woke up. I close my eyes again and let the water run down my face.

I listen to the sounds it makes and it kind of calms me down again. I can't stay in here too long. I turn off the shower and here the soft humming of Alyys. I smile a little and grab the towel, drying myself off. Alyys always hums when she is either happy or just enjoys a simple thing.

I keep listening to it when I put on some clothes and throw the old ones into the laundry basket. I look up when the humming stops. The only time she does that is when she starts talking to me. But I don't hear my name. I keep listening but it stays silent, and the humming doesn't continue.

What is going on? Did she found another can of beer, or maybe a piece of clothing with the perfume still on it? I don't really want to call her. I dry my hair a bit and walk out of the bathroom.

"Alyys?"
I don't want to sound too worried, otherwise, she might think I have something to hide. Which I do, of course. But I don't want her to notice that. It stays silent. Still no answer.
"Alyys, everything alright?"

No answer. I walk to the living room but she has disappeared. The only thing that is still there is a bowl of popcorn and a blanket. I frown and look around. She didn't leave again, right?
"Ok Alyys this isn't funny, where are you?"

I walk to the bedroom and there she's standing. Her back facing me, so I still have no idea if everything is alright. I look a little bit closer and I see she's holding something. Did I really forget to clean op another can? I take a step into the bedroom and just when I want to explain what the can is doing in the bedroom, she turns around.

In her hands, she has a bright pink, lace looking fabric and I know I fucked up.  Drinking was not the only thing I did this weekend.

"What is this?"
I stay silent for a few seconds.
"Panties?" I carefully ask her back.
She rolls her eyes and I can see the disappointment in her eyes.
"Which aren't mine..."

My head is rushing through every option I have to get myself out of this situation.
"It isn't?" I try to sound surprised, which of course totally fails.
"No, because I don't own these things. I hate the way they feel when I wear them, remember?"

That right, Alyys doesn't wear those things. She bought them once, wore them to a party and complained the whole night about how she hates the feeling of them. Kind of sad though, she would look smoking hot in that. I push the thought of Alyys in that away and focus on the main problem. How the hell do I get myself out of here?

"Well, maybe you accidentally took them with you when you came back from Maddie? It wouldn't surprise me if she had those things hanging around."

If looks could kill, I would have been dead by now. Alyys knows I don't mean it like that, but still. It is her best friend. I agree with her, though. I would never say something like that about Maddie. She's a nice girl. But I didn't have anything other than that in my mind.

"Why would I do that?" She starts biting her lip and her eyes fill themself only with doubt. Don't give in, Justin.
"Because," before I can go on I get the pink fabric thrown at my head. I dodge it and look at Alyys, surprised.

Did she do that out of anger, or as a joke? I try to read her face but it is blank.
"You had so much fun, you didn't pay attention while packing your bag."

"I mean, I did saw them laying around at her place..."
I could scream of joy right now, but I try not to smile. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her. Alyys tried to push me away, out of anger. But after some time she stops and sighs.
"I guess that's what happened..."

I chuckle and kiss her forehead.
"What did you think silly, that someone was here?"
Alyys laughs a little, trying to convince me that she knows I'm joking. But it sounds fake to me. She still looks like she isn't sure about it all. But for now, she believes me and that's all that counts.

I look at the panties laying on the ground. How could I be so stupid? And so drunk I don't remember this? That's something new for me at least.

"I don't think you want to bring them back to Maddie right?"
Alyys shakes her head and gently pushes away my arms. She grabs the panties from the floor and throws them into the garbage can.

She looks over at me, still biting her lip. Alyys turns around and walks out of the bedroom.
"Let's just forget about this and have dinner..." she mumbles.