Chapter 14~ It's a challenge!

"Hey Amastacia..." his tone was soft and hushed

"Yes Bakugo?"

The two of you sat on the broken mossy concrete behind an old abandoned shrine. You wiped away the sweat from your brow, that rematch fight was intense but in the end you lost. You glanced at the ash blonde beside you.

His muscles glistened with sweat, he looked ragged and rough, and the way he spoke to you just now and the look in his crimson eyes made your stomach flutter.

'He's so... attractive, and his personality isn't all bad, you just have to get to know him. But I guess it's easier for me since I won't put up with his shit. I don't know, I feel so weird around him in moments like this, it's just that sometimes...I really want him t-to...to hold me...'

"I saw what happened in the teachers lounge."

"EEEEHHH!!!??"

'I take everything back, I hate him.'

"W-was that really your dad? Didn't you say your parents died? Or...did you l-"

"They are dead Bakugo. That was my adopted father." You look down at hands as you pressed your thumbs together. Although only your fingers were exposed you could still see clearly how badly they were torn up. You sighed.

"You know" you started as you leaned back against a half dilapidated wall and stared off into the sky. "He left me five years ago. And Sho, uh I mean Aizawa took me in and cared for me, it wasn't for very long though. He bought me a house with the money my parents left me and had some old dude take care of me..."

He sat silently and watched you. It was a little shocking how patient he could be with you, but it wasn't without reason of course. But nevertheless it made you feel some sense of security with him. Something that was hard for you to attain with others. You let him in and you NEVER let people in.

"That old man's name was Akira. He was wonderful, but he would only stay for three days out of evey week. Most of the time Aizawa would come over on weekends but there were times when I would hardly see either of them...and then two years ago...Akira died." Bakugo's eyes drifted to your trembling hands whose thumbs continued to press together with immense pressure.

" A-and I've been alone ever since. And t-t-today that man, my d-dad just shows up..."

You struggled to choke back tears and words failed to escape your throat. You squeezed your eyes shut and just as your body began to tremble you felt a warm calloused hand gently grasp your own.

"Ah" you looked down to see Bakugo tracing circles on the back of your hand with his thumb. You look at him with a light pink hue spreading across your cheeks. He...he was smiling, softly, as if to tell you everything was okay. "B-bakugo..." Tears welled up in your eyes and you couldn't hold them back anymore.

He grabbed you and pulled you into his lap. Your head sank into his shoulder and you cried. "I-I'M SO TIRED OF C-CRYING DAMMIT!" he chuckled and stroked your hair. "You're pretty strong, I guess, but you cry just as much as that loser Deku, you know that? But I guess it makes sense you did say he was your...best friend."

His voice seemed a little sad at the end. You sniffled and wiped you tears away. 'No! You don't get to be sad you turd!' With a serious face you sat up on your knees and took both of your hands and smacked his cheeks. You held his shocked face and made him look at you.

"Why do you sound sad!? Huh!? After all you've done for me, everything you've put up with, every time you listened to me when no one else would! You barely know me yet you do these things! Bakugo! You're my best friend too! In fact...you're like...my hero! You're always here for me when I'm in  need"