20. Carefully Knitted Golden Nets

The four of us walked into the new tribute center and went up to the fourth floor. As soon as the doors opened, I was greeted by a massive bear hug.

"Can't- brea-the" I tried to choke out and the hold around me loosened a little.

I pulled away slightly and laughed at my stylist, Dylan. "I missed you, Dyl."

"Missed ya more." He pulled me back into a warm hug. "Guess what? I'm going to be styling the both of you!"

"Should I be concerned?" Finnick asked from behind me.

"Oh yes, very much." Dylan grinned.

After dinner, Newt and I decided to go out for a walk. Finnick decided to tag along. We walked down the stairs to the lobby and found a girl with black and red hair plopped down on one of the grand couches, reading a book.

"Johanna!" Finnick called out, and walked to where she sat. She turned her head and her eyes lit up and she stood up to give Finnick a hug. "It's so good to meet you." He said.

"You too," she said softly, almost a whisper. Her eyes flickered to mine and she smiled widely and gave me a warm hug. After the greetings were done, we sat and talked for a long time. Newt took my hand in his and I gave a small squeeze with a smile. Johanna, after catching the exchange, said, "When did this happen?"

"Everybody's asking the same thing" I said with a fake groan, while Newt chuckled and replied, "A few days ago."

At that moment, a man walked up to us and sat down on the couch. He had messy, greying hair and wore a crisp grey suit. The smell of alcohol wafted from him. He turned towards us and gave a massive grin. "Hi. Im glad I found you all together, makes my job easier." We exchanged uneasy glances wondering who the stranger was. "I'm Haymitch Abernathy, winner of the 50th hunger games. Mentor for this year's tributes."

Being children at heart, Finnick and I chorused in a sing-song voice, "Hi Haymitch." Newt snorted and covered it up with a cough while Johanna let out a laugh.

Haymitch either didn't notice or ignored the whole ordeal and started speaking in a more hushed voice. "Did Plutarch Heavensbee tell you anything?"

Johanna looked confused, whereas Finn, Newt and I looked at one another with unsure eyes.

"You can trust me, I'm not about to rat you out. I'm on your side." He said with a roll of his eyes.

I looked at Newt and he nodded his head. I turned towards Haymitch and said, "Yeah, Plutarch told me to look for the mockingjay."

"Okay, so here's the deal. Tomorrow during the parade, you," he pointed towards Newt, "are gonna meet up with all the other mentors and Plutarch in the pent house of the gamemaker. We are going to begin planning for 'it'. And the most important and crucial thing is that Katniss Everdeen does not know anything about the plan. Even Peeta. This stays between us. Got it?"

All of us nodded except Johanna, who was still confused. "Wait, what?" She voiced out her thoughts.

"We are planning to go against the Capitol." Finnick said.

"Count me in then." She said with determination.
_________________________________________

"What the hell?!" Finnick exclaimed, a shocked expression on his face. "What? How? WHY?!" He screamed. I doubled over laughing at his condition. Dylan was smirking and Nat was trying to keep a straight face, failing miserably. "There is hardly anything to keep my jewels hidden!"

"It is what the citizens of the Capitol want." Dylan shrugged innocently.

Finnick's costume for the parade was nothing but a golden net, knotted together at the crotch, so he wouldn't technically be naked. Technically being the keyword. "Would I be wearing any underwear?" He asked desperately.