| 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦 |

"Not again." Minato said quietly, letting a few tears run down his face.

It was the same thing half of the villagers would do every year. The day of October 10th, they would go on a "hunt." The Fox hunt to be more specific.

Three years ago, the nine-tailed fox was released from his old host: Kushina Uzumaki. She was weak due to the fact that she was in labor.

Minato Namikaze, sealed the Kyuubi inside of his newborn son: Naruto Uzumaki–Namikaze.
That day, Minato and Kushina lost their lives.

Naruto was left alone with no one to care for him. Except for maybe three people who he was barely able to see.
Kakashi Hatake, his father's old student and the one he looked up to as an older brother; Hiruzen Saritobi, the village's Hokage and his jiji; and last, Itachi Uchiha.
Naruto rarely saw the two young ninjas due to the fact that they were both part of the ANBU and always had to go off to missions. Whenever they had the time however, Kakashi would spend a longer time with Naruto as Itachi only stayed for a while and then left to go home to his little brother. Hiruzen... well he was the Hokage so he was busy most of the time. It was rare when he had time to get a break and take Naruto out for some ramen before going back to his office.

  Anyways, because Naruto was the new holder of the nine-tailed fox, everyone who lost someone close to them during the attack three years ago, decided to take things into their own hands by doing their little "fox hunt" every year. They would chase little Naruto around until his little legs couldn't bare it no more and give up. That's when they'd start beating him, not realizing that he's only a three year old who has no idea why everyone hates him so much, a three year old who has no idea that he's the jinchuriki of the nine-tail fox.

  Today, however, they were going a little too far.

  Naruto was breathing heavily. His little legs were already sore of running too much but he didn't dare stop.

   "Get him! Get the demon!" One of the many men shouted.

  Naruto let his tears fall as soon as he tripped over a rock.
  Before he could get up and run away again, he was grabbed by the back of his shirt. He let out a scream but whoever had grabbed him covered his mouth.

"Let's finish what the Yondaime started."

  There were cheers and next thing you know, Naruto was taken to an isolated alley.

  Naruto was kicked, slammed into the brick walls, and words were carved to his skin. All he could do was silently cry and beg that someone would come save him.

   "Minato,"

  Minato wiped his tears away and turned around to see a man with a really long and weird looking beard.

   "Who are you?" Minato asked the man.

   "My name is Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki, also known as the Sage of Six Paths."

Minato stared at the old man with a blank expression.

"Why are you here?" Minato questioned.

"Minato. . .you haven't moved on."

Minato tore his glance away from the man back to Naruto, who was now laying in the ground with a pool of blood surrounding him.

"I can't." was all he said.

"You blame yourself." Hagoromo stated.

"How can I not? I sealed the fox inside of an innocent child. My child."

"You did it because you wanted the villagers to treat him like a hero." said Hagoromo.

"And they didn't. They call him names, they hunt him. All because I sealed the kyuubi inside of him."

"What if I tell you that you can save him?"

Minato turned to look at the Sage, his eyes wide and full of hope.

"How?" He said.

"I'll give you a second chance. . .you'll be where you belong."

"What's the catch?" Minato questioned the Sage warily.

"There's no catch. Now. . .good luck."

A bright light blinded Minato, making him shut his eyes tightly.

  Minato felt someone poking his cheek, and calling out to him. His eyes began to flutter open, a dark-haired boy was the first thing he saw.

   "Mister, are you okay?"

  Minato groaned softly as he sat up. He looked around his surroundings and noticed he was in the training grounds.

   "Uh yeah, I'm fine." Minato took another look around and didn't see anyone else. "What are you doing out here by yourself?"

   "I was training to become as strong as my big brother!"

  Minato smiled softly at the boy, "what's your name?"

   "Sasuke Uchiha, and yours?"

   "Minato Namikaze."

  Sasuke raised an eyebrow, and stared at the blond.

   "Why does your name sound familiar?" Sasuke said.

  Minato shrugged, "No idea. Listen, Sasuke... you are not to tell anyone that you met me, okay? It's forbidden."

  Sasuke tilted his head to the side, "Why?"

Minato sighed softly and sent a small smile to the Uchiha, "promise me you won't tell anyone."

Sasuke nodded, "pinky promise!"