First Impressions

Alice was walking the halls

Alice was walking the halls. Carrying a very large pot where a large green of what seemed to be a tree sat in. All that can be seen of the girl is the swaying of her golden hair, and the flutter of her school robes.

She is unable to see beyond the tall plant and silently prayed she wouldn't ram into anyone who dared stand in her path.

She was so close to her secret spot. Nearly arrived to the place she planned to cultivate the new and exotic plant so it can grow and thrive. So nearly there, that the markings on the wall lead her closer to the small and hard to see passage.

At least until she felt the hard bump that sent her falling back. Clutching tightly to the plant in her grasp.

A squeak as silent as a mouse was heard from in front of her plant as the sound of both of them fall backwards.

Alice let's out an oof as the air is knocked out of her lungs as she lands harshly on the floor. Clutching to the ceramic pot, trying not to drop her new plant.

Setting it to the side, Alice immediately moves forward to help the figure in front of her. Apologies spilling from her pink lips as she grabs the small figures shoulders.

"I'm so absolutely sorry. I should have known better than to walk around with that plant like that but I'm still so horrid with levitating charms and I don't wish to ruin my new plant so quickly when my father just brought it back from quiet the trip to some far eastern lands and of course that is no excuse--"

"Wait!" A giggle choked voice reaches Alice's ears. Stopping her from her never-ending sentence.

Looking up, her emerald eyes widen when spotting the short brown haired girl bent over her knees. Her cheeks tinted pink as she puts a hand over her chest as giggles escape her lips. Alice recognizes the girl as the quiet Hufflepuff who was in her year. The same girl she ran into during the holidays with large brown frightened eyes hidden behind the rims of black glasses.

Except now, the frighten girl that worried Alice so was pink-cheeked and happily laughing.

"A-are you okay?" Her voice was light as air, caught between small laughs as she holds out a hand to the girl still on the cold ground.

"Thanks," Alice grins as she takes the girls surprisingly strong grip and stands.

"I'm so sorry about that. I knew walking around with this was a had idea. But I'm just absolutely rubbish at levitating spells." Alice grins sheepishly as she runs a hand through her long golden hair. Her bangs held back by a black headband, a few strands now fell in her face after the fall.

"Its fine. With the day I've been having, this was probably the most unexpected encounter ever. It was honestly the nicest thing to happen actually, a big green blob ramming into me." She smiles but Alice can tell that there was something underlying what she said.

Not wanting to push her on it, she decided to change course.

Holding out her hand, she smiles warmly. "I'm Alice Lydell by the way."

The shorter girl smiles back as she uses one hand to push up her too big glasses, and uses the other to clasp her hand. "Eleanor Shoemaker. Its lovely to meet you."

Alice smile largely, excited to meet the girl she ran into.

"What's that plant you got there? I've been curious since it made a particular impression to my face." Eleanor asks sweetly.

Alice laughs, and waves a hand to the giant plant. "Yes, it certainly did. This is a plant from Asia. My father works in trade and brought it back for me on one of his trips. He said its a hydrangea plant. It should flower magnificent flowers in the spring."

Eleanor looks intrigued by Alice's words, " I wonder what they will look like."

Alice nods as she also wonders about the plant. She knew from what her father said that they would be magnificent since he saw them during bloom. Which is why he brought the plant home for his daughter who loved strange and beautiful things.

"I'm not sure. But they are supposed to be spectacular."

"I'm sure they will be. Do you need help carrying it by the way. To avoid more casualties you know."

Alice laughs in surprise. Never expecting the small silent girl to be so sarcastic. Deciding to trust her gut about the girl. She smiles mischievously, and winks at the girl.

"Sure, I could use your help. Although, I do hope you aren't the type to faint though." She murmurs the last part as they begin to walk down the hallway. Eleanor's head shooting to her in surprise as her eyes widen.

...

"Where is that girl?"

A tall dark messy haired boy murmurs to himself in irritation. Looking all around for the golden haired girl.

He needed help with his potions homework...

And also felt a strange void not seeing the girl the entire day. It was the first weekend back after the break. And getting to the girl the whole week during classes filled him with a strange warmth he didn't wish to analyze.

All he wanted at the moment was to find the girl who made him smile at her witty comments and snarky replies.

Sighing once again, he gives up on looking for the girl and decided to head to the hall for lunch. He promised to meet the boys, and knew if he was late, they would come to find him. And he didn't feel up to explaining why he was in a hallway alone.

"James!"

Jumping he turns to see his friends running towards him. Sirius sporting a wide grin as he waves some parchment in the air. The rest all wearing the same excited and giddy grins.

"We did it James! We finally did it!"

Hello my dears! Sorry it has been so long! I've been quite busy lately. There is a lot going on and my brain is just 🤯.

Dont forget to:

-vote!

-comment!

-add to your library!

-follow me for updates!