Trouble Arising

James POV:

James POV:

James Potter was struck.

Not his normal head in the wall stuck when it came to things like potions. No, it was a type of struck that made his legs feel like gelatin and his heart thump in his chest in a near painful way. He's scoured through the library to find out what was wrong with him. He blames the day he hit his head on the rock when following Alice on that embarrassing day three weeks ago.

Now he finds himself focusing on her blonde hair that seems to hold its own light when the sun hits it just right. Or how her inquisitive green eyes seem to shine in mischief whenever she focuses on leather-bound books he found excessively boring.

His hazel eyes seem stuck to her every movement and he's not sure what to do about it all.

"James?"

Even her voice is like the soft thrum of a violin string.

"James?"

And those rose colored lips, how can they be such a color without some sort of rouge on them?

"James Potter, are you even listening to me?" Her green cat-like gaze finally enters his vision and he finds himself jumping back in fright.

"What?" He humbly replies, causing the girl to roll her eyes. With a big sigh, she collapses against the high back wooden chair.

"What are you on about Potter? We're in the middle of preparing you for the next potions exam and you can hardly focus." She watches him with clear annoyance in those nearly glowing green eyes. He can feel the frustration rolling off of her in waves.

James feels bad because the girl has been working hard to help him in potions ever since they made that strange agreement all those months ago. He would have never thought this blonde girl he only knew about since she was best mates with the girl he fancied, was now someone he found himself  thinking only of and nothing else. All these nights of talking, teasing her, and their light fighting has now become something he looks forward to when they are able to meet on the agreed upon days.

"I'm sorry Alice, I've been having trouble focusing today. Too much on the mind I guess." Is all he can explain as he couldn't possibly tell her that he can't focus because all he can think about now is how her golden hair is falling perfectly across her face as she tilts her head in confusion.

"Are you worried about the match tomorrow?" She wonders and he just shakes his head lamely in confirmation. Normally the match would be all he thinks about, but once again, he could never truly tell her what's on his mind. As his hazel eyes watches her beginning to pack up her notes. It was nearing supper time and they would need to head to the hall soon to eat.

He began to gather his things as well. His unusual silence makes Alice keep glancing at him every now and then. A concern bubbling for the usual obnoxious boy over his strange and unsettling silence.

When he finally joined her to go, she grabs his shoulder suddenly. Making the tall lanky boy to catch his breath as he find his hazel eyes now locking with her green ones as she peers up into his face. He can clearly now see the light splattering of golden freckles across her face. An enchanting display of constellations as he watches her lips move.

"Are you sure you're alright, Potter?"

Alice POV::

Instead of answering, a sudden blush covers his cheeks. Tinting his pale cheeks to such a degree that is surprised the girl in front of him. His hazel eyes look wild and his curls fall across in a disarray. As she watches his gaping mouth try to form words, a sudden warmth fills her chest at his actions.

This isn't the first time this has happened to girl lately. Every time she looks at the boy and see how his intense brown with swirling masses of green and gold eyes seem to watch her every move lately.

Nor can she deny that her breath catches strangely whenever he pushes back his mass of black curls away from his face. 

Maybe she breathed in too much wiggentree pollen that it has been shedding in absurd amounts lately. Most likely the result of a strong reaction to her recent attempt at a super growth potion she used on it and poured a bit too much of on the once young plant.

She should see the nurse soon she concludes as her heart once again seems to burn as James turns to her finally. 

"Sorry Alice, but I think I should go ahead first. I'm not feeling well lately." And with that, he rushes away in a flurry of robes and hurried footsteps. The girl just watches in stunned surprise as he leaves. Hugging her textbooks closer to her chest, the blonde haired girl releases a breath and begins to walk towards the exit. Color unexpectedly comes to her cheeks as she realizes that he didn't say her last name as usual. Instead, it was surprisingly pleasant to her ears to hear her name pass his lips. Normally she found his voice to be grating to her nerves.

And yet, now it's a voice she finds herself unconsciously looking for.

With that realization, she shakes her head and finally glances up away from the stone floor to a sight that had her shaking lightly in anger.

There, forced into a dark corner, was her newest and shy friend. Eleanor wide brown eyes could not be hidden by her large black frames, nor the trembling of her hands as she holds her bag to her chest acting as some sort of shield.

Not one to let her friends to face danger alone, she immediately walks over to the taller and what she can identify as a slytherien boy. Pulling his shoulder to make space for her to stand in front of her friend, she glares up at him with her fiery green eyes.

"Now that is no way to speak with a lady, forcing her into such a dark and creepy corner." At her voice, Eleanor's eyes widen in wonder at the shorter girl stands in front of her. Her golden tresses like a cap flowing behind her.

The boy in front of her just sneers, his light brown locks and mouse brown eyes familiar to Alice as she recognizes him. Putting the dots together, she realizes who he is. The brother that Eleanor doesn't wish to mention much. 

"What do you want you mudblood?" The boy snears as he tries to intimidate the girl. 

Instead of being fearful, the girl lets out a loud and hearty laugh. Her peals of laughter echoing around the hall they were in. Alice nearly doubles over in mirth, eventually though she stands and wipes the tears that gathered on her lashes away.

"Really? Mudblood? A word that does nothing but prove I am even more unique then most who wonders these halls? Real original for a slytherien to utter. Honestly, you lot need to come up with better material. It is so odius and rather quite boring." Her words struck the boy dumb, as he steps back. His mouth slack as he finally backs off completely. Allowing Alice to grab the girl behind her hand and drag them away.

By the time he notices, it is too late. So he shouts behind the two girls words he plans to follow through with.

"Interefer in family business again and you will face the consequences!"

Alice just giggles and continues her way to dinner.

Author: Sorry for the very late update guys! Work has been insane and I have been so busy lately that I don't have too much time to update. Hopefully I can work to update more

-Vote!

-Comment!

-Add to your library!

-Follow!